News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

The Utah Grizzlies were an AHL team.
They're a current ECHL team, I don't think they would go for this name (even though it is a great one) bc of confusion with the ECHL Team as well as the Memphis Grizzlies in the NBA. If it was just Memphis it would probably go but having two teams in the same hockey system called the Utah Grizzlies would probably be too confusing. They could make the ECHL Grizzlies change their name maybe?

Jets getting hot again - five wins in a row including back to back shutouts of Dallas (3-0) and Colorado (7-0). Sean Monahan has new life and Toffoli getting back on track. Finish the season against Canucks.

Amazing milestone for McDavid.

As has been noted, he's one of only 4 players all -time. Lemieux and Orr, along with McDavid now, hit 100 assists one time. The Great One reached the century mark 11 times.
It gets even more impressive when you think that these 3 other players are almost unanimously considered the best in the history of the sport.
We are witnessing history, not just with McDavid, but this current generation of players is probably the best since the 1980s. Connor with 100 assists (and maybe Kuch, but hopefully not), Matthews with possibly 70 goals, 4 players reaching the 120-point plateau (with 3 of them playing at a 140+ pace), very likely to have 10 players reaching 100 points, goalies who would've probably been Vezina candidates in the not-so-distant past being "normal"...
We're lucky to be witnessing this as it unfolds.

Love this.
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 1.39.06 PM.png

(ts
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 1.39.06 PM.png
n.ca)

Anyone know when the NHL will release the playoff schedule? Regular season ends Thursday and I've seen reports that the playoffs start Saturday.

It looks like:
East:
Florida vs. Tampa Bay
Boston vs. Toronto
NY Rangers vs. Washington
Carolina vs. NY Islanders

West
Dallas vs. Vegas/LA
Winnipeg vs Colorado
Vancouver vs Nashville
Edmonton vs. Vegas/LA

Anyone know when the NHL will release the playoff schedule? Regular season ends Thursday and I've seen reports that the playoffs start Saturday.

NHL playoffs may indeed start on Saturday although I've heard that the Oilers first playoff game is on Sunday.

Back