News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.2K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

I find it laughable that Phil Kessel is claiming to be a Stanley Cup champion even though he was benched by Vegas for most of the playoffs.
BTW this is the second season in a row where the Oilers were eliminated in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs by the Stanley Cup champs.
Kessel played 82 games for the Golden Knights in the regular season. The standard to get one's name engraved on the Cup is playing at least 41 regular season games (or at least one game in the Finals). Kessel may have been scratched for most of the playoffs but he more than meets the requirement for regular season games. So yes, his name will go on the Cup and yes it's legit.

No Calder for Skinner.

Congrats to Matty, but Skinner was put in a far more difficult role overall.

FzmHwkXWcAAL8sv

* Connor McDavid became the second player to win the Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy (top goal scorer), Art Ross Trophy (top point scorer), Hart Memorial Trophy (MVP of regular season) and Ted Lindsay Award (Most Outstanding Player as Voted by the NHLPA) in the same season, joining Alex Ovechkin (2007-08). The “Rocket” Richard Trophy was the last to do be introduced, in 1998-99.

FzmHwkXWcAAL8sv

* Connor McDavid became the second player to win the Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy (top goal scorer), Art Ross Trophy (top point scorer), Hart Memorial Trophy (MVP of regular season) and Ted Lindsay Award (Most Outstanding Player as Voted by the NHLPA) in the same season, joining Alex Ovechkin (2007-08). The “Rocket” Richard Trophy was the last to do be introduced, in 1998-99.

Best hockey player ever as the kids would say "GOAT"

Looking forward to it. Perhaps the only improvement I could suggest is having 4 games against each team in the Pacific, two against each team in the East, and the remaining 22 divided among the Central Division teams. Some of these opponents would get two games. I think Oiler fans would rather have four games against Calgary and perhaps two against St. Louis (as an example).

Best hockey player ever as the kids would say "GOAT"
not sure about "goat" but certainly "gatm" (greatest at the moment). :)

while i never watched cyclone taylor or toe blake or max bentley in real time, i have been lucky enough to watch the other six on this list as well as some other pretty good hockey players including gordie howe and bobby hull and ken dryden and guy lafleur and mark messier and leon draisaitl. one of the things they all had in common with each other and with mcdavid is a desire - a need? - to win and a willingness to do whatever they could to win. two other things they all had in common was an unselfishness in their play and their approach each and every game but where no single game mattered - the only thing that mattered was a stanley cup and anything short of that was a failure.

Back