News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

Given all the context, Pietrangelo should get 2 for SURE imo. But I think @Greenspace is right, they'll saw it off the Nurse one game susp with one game for AP also. Gotta protect that precious league parity!!

Let's focus on the positives and moving forward with a big W tonight.

Today I am channelling Kurri-vibes to propel and inspire us. Jari used to live 3 houses down from me and literally was the reason I became an Oilers fan. He was incredibly generous with the kids on the street, took some of us to Oilers events and even brought his kids Joonas and Ville to play on my backyard rink.

He led by example and I see a lot of him in Hyman who is going to get 2Gs tonight.
Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 8.43.01 AM.png

They only had the one bad call on Broberg to be honest everything else was a penalty, we always ask them to call the game and thats what they did. I had no real issue with it especially after we got a 5 minute powerplay ourselves. We didn't score a single goal 5on5 and allowed 2, thats why we lost the game 4-3, not one to blame the refs on we have to be better than that. While we weren't as asleep as we were in Games 1 and 3 we still generated practically nothing 5on5, we cycled well but it never turned into anything, very limited number of high danger chances which is unusual for our team, Vegas did a good job keeping us to the outside.

They only had the one bad call on Broberg to be honest everything else was a penalty, we always ask them to call the game and thats what they did. I had no real issue with it especially after we got a 5 minute powerplay ourselves. We didn't score a single goal 5on5 and allowed 2, thats why we lost the game 4-3, not one to blame the refs on we have to be better than that. While we weren't as asleep as we were in Games 1 and 3 we still generated practically nothing 5on5, we cycled well but it never turned into anything, very limited number of high danger chances which is unusual for our team, Vegas did a good job keeping us to the outside.
I agree with this. Ideally you don’t want the ref calling that penalty on Broberg from the neutral zone when the down low ref makes no call despite having a perfect clear view—but more importantly you hope Janmark doesn’t make a ridiculous penalty being loose with his stick on the PK.

12-7 goals for VGK @ 5v5 is the real story this series. Unfortunately, we’ve got two guys who had 83 and 104 points in the regular season, including each 21 even strength goals, who can’t piss a drop at evens right now (both appear to really be struggling with injuries), and Kane looks a step slow and can’t find his scoring touch.

Hell, even McDavid, who had 39 ev goals in the regular season has 1 so far this entire playoffs. Not to say he’s the problem, but even McDavid’s even strength numbers are struggling hard.

Back