North | 125.88m | 40s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I sorted by permit date which brings up one's just entered into the system. There is no date on the one on open data. Where do you see 2015?
That is when these projects were originally proposed. Maybe even earlier? I remember going to the Art Gallery for some opening for the other project Lamb proposed (I can't remember the other name).

My guess is they are adding in older projects to open data (since the intent is to have all projects/applications), otherwise it would have the date on the entry for when it is submitted/approved.

I think Lamb's likely original idea was good - diversify away from Toronto and the GTA where the market was becoming frothy and not sustainable.

Now that market shows signs of finally declining, he may have wished he stuck with that plan.

I cringe when people from Toronto or elsewhere in the east say condescending things about other parts of Canada or put forth very stereotypical views that are not necessarily accurate.

I am sure not everyone there is like that (hopefully most are not), but irrational attacks do go both ways and some past negativity from some in eastern Canada leads to negativity back.

I bought into Brad Lamb's only development in Calgary and I could honestly tell you the guy and his team are f*cking snakes, the sleaziest sales group you can find. There are so many aspects of the building that were originally presented as high-end, only to be given the bare minimum. They have even had the audacity in one instance of never putting in a second garage gate after visitor parking level, which was in the original drawings, to tell our condo board "it is the minimum city bylaws required us to do". I have since already paid a small special assessment to revamp security including that second garage gate. I remember the very first AGM where Brad's brother was in attendance and one homebuyer asked "why are all our appliances GE when the show suite was all Bosch and the sales person told us that will be standard for all" and his literal response was "hey, the dishwasher wash dishes the exact same way".

Be glad Lamb is gone and pray they never come back.

As someone who grew up in the Prairies - I cringe every time folks from this city irrationally attack Toronto (and Quebec) as if they're somehow undesirable.

Nativism is gross.
I tend to agree. I do like throwing a little shade back at TO, mostly after someone from there makes a slight comment about out west, but honestly at the end of the day we’re all Canadians together.

Development is a tough business and Lamb tried to branch out to Edmonton during one the of the toughest recent times possible in Edmonton and it didn’t work out. I honestly do hope he gives here another chance—it sets a tough precedent when a guy like Lamb fails to build something here for other eastern Canada developers and investors.

Back