NorQuest College Singhmar Centre for Learning | ?m | 4s | NorQuest College | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Norquest demolition
E609FF44-0B88-40D5-B8B0-12A13419E728.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The old rendering of the original project from many years ago now.
View attachment 349065
Haha what is it with Edmonton and an agreed upon pallet of beige and random colours with what looks like stucco? Did a bunch of groups in Edmonton get together at one point and agree on the least aesthetically pleasing pallet to build with? This, Regency and their Edgewaters and 121 West, Langham with Icon and Fox, everything on The Symphony that's not glass, The Venetian.

But seriously, is there a reason why these are so frequently selected for projects in Edmonton? Does the city have some sort of guidelines for projects that recommend these materials and colours or something? Or is a higher benchmark for design and architecture just not pushed? Would a school of architecture at the U of A help that?

There is a lot I like about what is happening at Norquest - their new building on the north side of the block is great and they have improved their old one with some cosmetic changes. I am a bit sad to see the old two storey building being torn down, I have memories of visiting it many years ago when it was a Federal government office, but having that open area with trees and grass in the south east part of the block will be great for everyone.

With regards to that multi colour building on 108 St, a bit of colour is good, but lets not get carried away. I would suggest one additional accent colour and stick to it. How about a reddish shade to match the panels on their building across the street?

There is a lot I like about what is happening at Norquest - their new building on the north side of the block is great and they have improved their old one with some cosmetic changes. I am a bit sad to see the old two storey building being torn down, I have memories of visiting it many years ago when it was a Federal government office, but having that open area with trees and grass in the south east part of the block will be great for everyone.

With regards to that multi colour building on 108 St, a bit of colour is good, but lets not get carried away. I would suggest one additional accent colour and stick to it. How about a reddish shade to match the panels on their building across the street?
I remember going there in the early eighties to apply for E.I. Very bad memories I for one am glad its gone.

Back