Metro Line LRT | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Yes, the bridge might cost a billion dollars but it will be almost a kilometre long. The bridge is badly needed because entire neighbourhoods on the north side of the rail yard are completely inaccessible to downtown for pedestrians and cyclists, and thats not taking the LRT into count. That bridge alone will be worth the expense.

I think an express route along 127 Street could be a good short-term solution.
In the context of this thread, 150x already serves a portion of the future NLRT corridor, running express via 97 St then local along 132 Ave to 113A St/ Castle Downs Road to Castle Downs TC and then beyond.
The 140x does provide express service to 127 St via Kingsway/ RAH. While not a dedicated express down 127 St, the route does tie into the NLRT. I wouldn't call them LRT precursors like the 73 or 900x, they certainly do provide an express option from areas that will be served by a future NLRT extension.

It is unfortunate that essential infrastructure costs have increased so much. This just emphasizes the need to resist calls for "subways subways subways" that run up the budget, and use existing rights of way to open up streets to people, not just cars.

Last edited:
Formerly known as the NAIT LRT station

20240831_153356.jpg

20240831_153423.jpg

20240831_153437.jpg

20240831_153446.jpg

20240831_153406.jpg

Planting perennials in the fall works very well. Gives the roots time to recover and settle before spring
True, just not sure exactly what they plan on planting, I was thinking the native plants, kinda like what they put in on Jasper around the 113th area or the hill over by Muttart station...

Back