• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ready for demolition...or....?

20230822_184703.jpg

20230822_184747.jpg

Still my favourite 'never built'. We specifically negotiated to ensure that building was written into the DC.

WZMH-Architects-Massey-Harris-Ferguson-Development-Street-View-Edmonton-Alberta.jpg

WZMH-Architects-Massey-Harris-Ferguson-Development-Edmonton-Alberta.jpg

So about when the SELRT was to have opened to help manage this FAR/density?

Still my favourite 'never built'. We specifically negotiated to ensure that building was written into the DC.

WZMH-Architects-Massey-Harris-Ferguson-Development-Street-View-Edmonton-Alberta.jpg

WZMH-Architects-Massey-Harris-Ferguson-Development-Edmonton-Alberta.jpg

Can’t think of any other project I wish had gone forward more than this one. The “width” of our downtown would have improved substantially and Ice District wouldn’t feel like an island. 1300 units too….man.

Can’t think of any other project I wish had gone forward more than this one. The “width” of our downtown would have improved substantially and Ice District wouldn’t feel like an island. 1300 units too….man.
That project would have brought thousands into my area and made many of the vacant retail and commercial spaces in the a warehouse district far more economically viable for a variety of different businesses from barbers to restaurants. Huge missed opportunity.

It was an impressive project, close to MacEwan. While circumstances have changed, I think something will be built here in the future.

Hopefully it be something decent. It would be good if we could work on filling in this gap downtown.

Back