What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
I know that -- especially with their new business centre development on 105th Ave. and 108th street -- doesn't mean that their current concept is cast-in-stone when other opportunities present themselves. Could be a joint venture possibility.

The original intention of this was to have the north tower (of 3) to provide them additional student housing by way of the private market.

Another pedway over 104ave is a no go. Why would they buy this property when they have lots over vacant land and better things to do with their money.

MacEwan's mid to long-term plans are focused on the MacEwan School of Business, for which $150M is earmarked for a new building with a site already in place. It's doubtful that they'd scuttle the campus master plan and academic strategy because a plot might become available.

The price-tag on this land must be pretty steep. I am surprised that MacEwan U. hasn't swept in and picked up the site. Following along their Arts inclination they could have announced a new Faculty of Architecture and Design and combined that endeavour with additional Student Housing and bridged 104th Avenue with a Pedway connection keeping their campus conjoined. 106th street is destined to become the new 104th street what with the WD Park, LRT expansion, and three new high-rise apartment towers planned further south. MacEwan could have had some skin in the game for the development of Central Edmonton West.

I think 6th is too disconnected to be like 104st to be honest. It needs more than 3 towers to tie it all together but I do agree, the street could see runaway development of a couple get on board and improve the ambiance and walkability of the area, it might help stir confidence in other developers to hop in too. More towers, less risk.

Right now when I walk around my area, it sometimes feels like I’m walking around a old suburban industrial area with lots of parking lots lol.

What I’d love to see is Norquest to continue expanding their campus to the West of 107th. They own that land and it would be nice to see more students in the area. Lots of single story developments that could be turned into restaurants, collectives, cooperatives, etc. It just needs more people.

While not directly related to these lots, I would love to see the Women Building Futures expansion on 107 St and the Norquest/Covenant Health (I think) project on 108/102 both proceed. They both looked like well designed projects (especially WBF), would fill up another two parking lots in the area, bring more students ( and generally more people) and could help encourage the sale and development of this parcel of land .

Back