Iron Horse Line / Station Park | ?m | 6s | Beljan Development | Hodgson Schilf Evans

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
76 Ave has the potential to be another major east-west corridor from Argyll Road to Sask Drive, and an alternative route to the U of A Hospital. In fact it is the only route other than 82 Ave that crosses the Mill Creek Ravine. 80 Ave only goes from 95A St to 112 St, therefore an 80 Ave crossing is short-sighted and lacks vision. I'm almost certain that CPR is dictating things.

And they can because of a very old law that puts their (CPR) land holdings in an untouchable category. They are in the catbird seat. The City would have to come to them with a pretty sweet offer to move them off the dime, probably in concert with the Feds and the Provs. I think the City could open a deal with them to provide a high-speed rail connection at least to EIA -- a hub for Edmonton. A resourceful administration would try to set up alliances with various interested parties for repurposing the land north of 76th Avenue to add to Old Strathcona -- Beljan, the "Hat" crew, the MacLab Group come to mind.

Does this render already include the residential building going over 80 Ave?
42988-126398.png

Does this render already include the residential building going over 80 Ave?
42988-126398.png
It does. That render is the residential building.

I looked back at my post from when I attended the council meeting and they openly discussed the future shared use path at 80 Ave. So apparently it’s nothing new.

Its not using actual containers, due to costs it is now a container inspired design (which you can see in the photos above)
north of this building will be a number of containers (6?) and the foundations/base pads to mount them on are already in place… they will be occupied spaces and some of them will also serve as rooftop patio spaces and be walkway connected. you’ll be able to access than from epic’s second floor space as well
as by stair.

Back