Iron Horse Line / Station Park | ?m | 6s | Beljan Development | Hodgson Schilf Evans

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters

Avenuer

Member Bio
Reaction score
Beljan has a very cool proposal for the lots north and south of the historic CPR Station on Gateway Boulevard:

cpr1.png
cpr2.png
cpr3.png
cpr4.png
cpr5.png
cpr6.png

Firstly, LOVE THIS OMG. Beljan never fails to be amazing 😁

Secondly, yeah the whole regional rail thing is still being figured out by the city. They say that they are thinking about a grade separated station downtown, but not sure how that would work without HUGE financial and logical challenges. In my opinion (as I have stated before), an Old Strathcona Grand Central Megahub makes the most sense for Edmonton, as you would have a heavy rail connection very far into the city with a short LRT ride to downtown (if the Festival and Energy lines are tunneled under Whyte that is). They also say in the mass transit study that the Airport Connection would be more feasible if it were included in an Edmonton-Calgary intercity rail project, so in other words let's build that high speed rail already!!

And hey, if they do build the station they're going to have a really nice and trendy building right beside it!

Last edited:
Beljan knocks it out of the park again! Soon they are going to have copy-cats or, conversely, they will own the City. This development makes a great case for extending the ERRS' tracks across Whyte and at least as far south as the extent of their proposal and for upgrading the system to year-round. I would sorely like to add them to the idea-clan for Alberta Avenue (now at 2.5 developers).👏👏👏

Thanks for the comments. Yes, we are planning to submit a rezoning application to permit the development of an apartment building on the southern portion of the site. The current plans are somewhat different than what was posted (for the better imo), but we're hoping for this to improve the aesthetic of the Gateway Blvd corridor. We're looking at eventually developing a commercial building on the northern portion of the site, however we have a few items to work out with the City before we advance. Anyway I hope to share some of the update plans in due time.

Yes! This is the kind of vital design we need approaching Whyte/Old Strathcona. This is such a critical aretery for visitors to our city, we need them to see that this area is vibrant, eclectic, and inviting with progressive design. This would also be a great 'linear' compliment to the extended trolley tracks. The line of sight as you drive along would be a great visual passing through the area on car or on foot.

Back