News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

From WestJet's news release

1699375679615.png

SFO is interesting to me going head on with AC/United. Just an interesting choice of route but not complaining.
I thought the same but I believe Westjet is doing it as a final destination whereas AC/United sees SFO as a connecting hub.

Westjet pretty extensively covers California for Edmontonians now with SFO, LAX, and Palm.

1699385769495.png

Don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth BUT these fares from WS's "SuperHub" just go to show the demand is that fragile. I wonder how their "Business plan" of flying TO businessmen to YYC to catch flights to Europe is working out for them? Oh wait a minute, it isn't.....

Last edited:
View attachment 518628

Don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth BUT these fares from WS's "SuperHub" just go to show the demand is that fragile. I wonder how their "business Ops plan of flying TO businessmen to YYC to catch flights to Europe is working out for them? Oh wait a minute, it isn't.....

YEG could easily fill a 787 to London 4x weekly year around. I wouldn't be surprised if we see WestJet try this in the future. The US additions show that YEG is a strong market for them and can fill planes at profitable prices.

Best thing to do now is to fill those planes to Atlanta year round and demonstrate demand for nonstops.

I'm still waiting for nonstop flights between YEG and either London-LHR or London-LGW. Preferably the former since it has a tube.

Interesting range of 1-stop destinations available with an Atlanta connection including Lagos, Johannesburg, Sao Paolo, Rio de Janeiro, Brasilia, Santiago, Quito, Lima, and numerous Caribbean Islands. Some not previously available from YEG without 2 or more stops.

View attachment 518628

Don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth BUT these fares from WS's "SuperHub" just go to show the demand is that fragile. I wonder how their "Business plan" of flying TO businessmen to YYC to catch flights to Europe is working out for them? Oh wait a minute, it isn't.....

KLM has slashed their prices from YEG and everywhere for these same months because low season.

I think the WS Europe flights from YYC hub are doing well.

Back