News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

MSP is one of the most pleasant airports to connect through and is a nice break on flights when heading east, IF you have to connect.
We really should have 2 or 3 a day to MSP. It makes flying out to any eastern US city so much simpler than connecting through Toronto. Hopefully Westjet/Delta get huge numbers out of this flight and increase frequency.

New exciting offerings
IMG_2178.jpeg
IMG_2179.jpeg

Hmmm..... a new entry competing with the worldwide dominating "Hudson News?" Interesting.......

We really should have 2 or 3 a day to MSP. It makes flying out to any eastern US city so much simpler than connecting through Toronto. Hopefully Westjet/Delta get huge numbers out of this flight and increase frequency.

I should add similarly to Denver it would be nice to have a 6 or 7 AM and then another 1 or 2 PM afternoon flight. That way you can hit multiple connections.

I should add similarly to Denver it would be nice to have a 6 or 7 AM and then another 1 or 2 PM afternoon flight. That way you can hit multiple connections.
The more that we in the Edmonton market support the current flight--if the load factors are consistently solid--the more likely we are to see additional frequencies added.

Perhaps this is something that EIA should look into...
EIA almost certainly has made the case to AC to revive the Heathrow service and has no doubt approached BA as well. Airport authorities are constantly in contact with air carriers about unserved routes and opportunities. However, with the current shortage of both pilots and metal, airlines are very judicious about what new routes they decide to introduce. I would love to have seen AC revive an unserved route like Edmonton-Heathrow instead of introducing a route like Montreal-Amsterdam which simply duplicates what KLM already offers. However, AC likely decided that there was more premium traffic on YUL-AMS than YEG-LHR and feels they can steal some business from KLM,. By contrast AC may have numbers showing that a lot of YEG-origin traffic is presently flying to LHR by connecting to AC flights in YYZ, YVR and YYC so the carrier is nevertheless capturing that traffic already. (We ourselves are booked to fly to LHR via YYZ on Air Canada for an upcoming holiday--it was an award redemption where we had to take what we could get.)

Booked some flights mid/late Aug today. Was surprised how cheap the deals still remain, Flair competing with Westjet surely helps, nice to have a few options. $100 one way flights on many days still available by this point in June has me wondering how bookings are going.

My family & I are planning a trip to China 🇨🇳 from Edmonton YEG in late October 2023. We very likely will be connecting in Vancouver YVR on our way there.

As I haven’t traveled to China since spring of 2019.

When I see a sign like that, it indicates to me that the airport authority has taken over these spaces over and operates them to ensure continuity...

When I see a sign like that, it indicates to me that the airport authority has taken over these spaces over and operates them to ensure continuity...
Yah that space was not always open. Looks like Hudsons was just reducing the number of spaces they had at the airport. Now if they could get a local coffee company to take over one of the Starbuck spaces that would be great.

Back