News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

I still hear far too many people noting they weren't aware a bus to the airport is even an option which is hard to believe. 30 minute service would be nice for sure and if service is already doing pretty well perhaps once passenger numbers reach pre-pandemic levels that could become a reality.

It's not a priority for ETS and really needs more attention from a variety of parties.

I complained a few years ago that the YEG boarding zone for those arriving was beside the smoking area. Talk about dumb; I believe they moved it?
Kinda, the stop is out on a curb away from the taxi area where it's been for a bit. I didn't smell or see smoke, but that could just be because of chance

Flair Airlines announcing yesterday that service from Edmonton-Los Cabos will increase from 2x weekly to 3x weekly, and Edmonton-Puerto Vallarta will increase from 1x weekly to 4x weekly for the upcoming winter season. All on 737 equipment.

It's not a priority for ETS and really needs more attention from a variety of parties.

I complained a few years ago that the YEG boarding zone for those arriving was beside the smoking area. Talk about dumb; I believe they moved it?
It's not a priority because the regional transit commission is taking it over?

Is it actually being transferred? This would be a flagship route for the regional transit service. I would expect they'd recognize that.

Is it actually being transferred? This would be a flagship route for the regional transit service. I would expect they'd recognize that.
I thought all routes that go outside City borders would be transferred, altho other people who follow EMTSC progress more closely / have ins would be better informed to comment.

I wonder if the 91 st extension by Leduc County (Nisku Spine Road) will be a transit route as well. The City really needs to widen the stretch from Ellerslie to 41 ave SW tho, it's horribly congested...

It is in the EMTSC business case, but ETS will maintain their own services for a while, so it's hard to say. Would be much more clear if the EMTSC ever publishes its day one operating plan

Sad news about then air show being cancelled. Likely with the snowbirds being the headliner it just wasn’t going to be feasible to deliver a proper show without that act. Just my sense of it anyways.

WestJet will resume non-stop service to Nanaimo in October, and overall service out of Edmonton will be up 50% from last winter.

WestJet will resume non-stop service to Nanaimo in October, and overall service out of Edmonton will be up 50% from last winter.

Fantastic

Looks like they are finally repairing/replacing that torn, tattered, faded, ripped red canopy at the “Rendezvous Place.” I was hoping they were going to replace it with something modern and stylish but looks like we’re just getting a new canopy?

Rather than sandblasting the rust at the bases, a one coat that barely conceals the rust? Last pic shows the EIA painters/contractors simply throwing away their paint tray in the guest garbage rather them their own garbage can. ABF97343-D56D-4AF9-AB47-94B505F55678.jpeg66B17F5E-3C79-4F3F-B6C8-716EDFCB2394.jpeg91927F16-6CF0-4848-8827-C44A53273C70.jpeg04BA6EE8-9C1F-4B36-8EB6-2BF5C260FF2C.jpegCDD346CA-E352-4303-801C-9D986C1012D2.jpeg

WESTJET NW22 DOMESTIC FREQUENCY VARIATIONS

Edmonton – Calgary Reduce from 68 to 56 weekly
Edmonton – Fort McMurray Reduce from 23 to 17 weekly
Edmonton – Grande Prairie Reduce from 12 to 5 weekly
Edmonton – Halifax Reduce from 5 to 4 weekly
Edmonton – Kelowna Reduce from 45 to 28 weekly
Edmonton – Regina Reduce from 20 to 13 weekly
Edmonton – Saskatoon Reduce from 23 to 16 weekly
Edmonton – Toronto Reduce from 42 to 28 weekly
Edmonton – Vancouver Reduce from 55 to 41 weekly
Edmonton – Victoria Reduce from 13 to 11 weekly
Edmonton – Winnipeg Reduce from 13 to 9 weekly