News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

AC adding an extra daily YVR-SFO. Let’s hope WS provide a daily.

AIR CANADA EXPANDS CRJ900 NW24 VANCOUVER – WESTERN US SERVICE​

1 min
NW24Star Alliance
Written By Jim Liu
Published at 0300GMT 04JUL24
Air Canada in Northern winter 2024/25 season is adjusting capacity on selected markets between Vancouver and Western US, as the airline schedules additional CRJ900 aircraft routes and/or service between 27OCT24 and 30APR25.

Vancouver – Las Vegas 1 daily (Overall 2 daily)
Vancouver – Los Angeles 1 daily (Overall 4 daily)
Vancouver – San Francisco 3 daily (Overall 4 daily; CRJ900 operated this route 2 daily in NW23)

One complaint about Edmonton International... why does it take over 30+ minutes for luggage to reach the carousel? This has happened the last few times where i had to check in a bag.

It doesn't leave a good first impression of our city for new visitors after a long flight.

It's actually fine. I don't go down there for tourism, but the city is nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be (and 1980s San Fran had some serious sketch to it, including rather more by way of gang shootings in Chinatown and the Mission, with violence in general peaking back in 1993). If I miss anything about the place, it's that it's gotten overly yuppy, but it's still a lovely city. And if tourism were required to fill flights, no one would run flights to Edmonton more than weekly. Business travel is what keeps flights going.

This is why...this is why...

Disclaimer - I loathe Fox News.

One complaint about Edmonton International... why does it take over 30+ minutes for luggage to reach the carousel? This has happened the last few times where i had to check in a bag.

It doesn't leave a good first impression of our city for new visitors after a long flight.

It's improved over the years, but generally speaking I find it the slowest of any major airport I go to.

Another good reason why I avoid check-in luggage like the plague. Besides the interminably long delays, I have 0% trust in baggage handlers. I only take a few days worth of clothing in my carry-on luggage plus a backpack for my toiletries, medication and reading material. I can always do my laundry on the road if necessary.

Last edited:
It's improved over the years, but generally speaking I find it the slowest of any major airport I go to.
Agreed, flew back from Denver on Sunday... A319 was completely full with a standby list both directions. But luggage in Denver was out much faster than in Edmonton. We were the only US flight landing in Edmonton around 11pm and it took a very long time for luggage to come out, it was getting close to 45 minutes from getting off the plane. Not great.

I think all international luggage is subject to scanning by Canada Customs after baggage handlers remove it from the plane and prior to hitting the conveyor belt for traveller collection. The hiccup may not be baggage handlers? Feel free to correct me.

This is why...this is why...

Disclaimer - I loathe Fox News.
Okay, so on one hand we have an overwrought numpty who single-handedly destroyed the educational software sector who likes to go Dunning-Kruger about everything having a performative freak-out on a network that's persistently trying to push the narrative that cities are all post-apocalyptic wastelands ruled by antifa gangs and illegal immigrants. And on the other hand, I was literally just there.

Okay, so on one hand we have an overwrought numpty who single-handedly destroyed the educational software sector who likes to go Dunning-Kruger about everything having a performative freak-out on a network that's persistently trying to push the narrative that cities are all post-apocalyptic wastelands ruled by antifa gangs and illegal immigrants. And on the other hand, I was literally just there.
His assertive take on things used to be entertaining and sometimes insightful, but I feel as he gets older he is veering into curmudgeon and grumpy old man territory.

At this point he is as much of the problem as those he derides, he is just to insulated and unaware to realize it.

Recently, my flight was one of four domestic flights arriving around the same time and luggage took about an hour.

I suspect that YEG has some pretty archaic technology down in its baggage bowels. I can fly to major global hub airports like SFO or NRT and my bag is usually coming down the belt when I get there, despite these airports processing massively more baggage from massively larger planes.

I think all international luggage is subject to scanning by Canada Customs after baggage handlers remove it from the plane and prior to hitting the conveyor belt for traveller collection. The hiccup may not be baggage handlers? Feel free to correct me.
I've had it happen with domestic baggage when arriving in core hours, though it's perhaps less bad than it used to be.

Back