News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

Thanks for confirming. An updated list:

Richard Gotfriend - Calgary
Elizabeth Evans - Calgary
Lynda Holden - Calgary
Justin Jimmy - Calgary
Ferio Pugliese - Calgary

Brian Andrus - Edmonton
Kendra Kincaide - Edmonton

David Wheeler - Cold Lake

Even with the updated list, I'm not sure it helps the Edmonton region or YEG much more.
Not when the chair is an MLA from Calgary.

Yikes - not so good for Flair Air.

That's the challenge when a newer airline only flies once or twice a week in a certain market and a certain route - if there's a cancelation, people can't get another flight with that airline for days or the option is pay an arm and a leg for a last minute ticket on another airline.

And then to make matters worse, there were virtually no hotel rooms in Halifax to book people - poor Flair employee left to try and find people accommodations when there were none to be found.

Last edited:
To balance out the above post, a positive review of Flair Air. Also the airline had former tennis star, model and broadcaster Genie Bouchard modeling their new uniforms and she was on their inaugural flight from Montreal to Toronto.

Screenshot_20210825-224747_Samsung Internet.jpg

The latest 'for comparison':

YYC for Sept:

Air Canada:
FRA - 4x weekly
LHR - 3x weekly
PHX - 3x weekly

WestJet:
LGW - 3x weekly
AMS - 3x weekly
CDG - 1x weekly
CUN - 3-5x weekly
PVR - 2-5x weekly
SJD - 2-3x weekly
LAX - 1x daily
ATL - 1x daily
LAS - Up to 13x weekly
PHX - Up to 8x weekly
PSP - Up to 7x weekly
SFO - 4x weekly
IAH - 3x weekly
BNA - 2x weekly
PDX - 2x weekly

Delta Airlines:
MSP - Up to 2x daily

United Airlines:
DEN - 1x daily

American Airlines:
DFW - 2x daily

KLM:
AMS - 1x daily (5x weekly non-stop / 2x weekly via YEG)

And they’re all empty

Obviously a clear case of WS throwing all of their planes on empty routes desperately trying to get a few nickels of revenue. Now with the US advising not to travel to Canada….look out. Btw, I am 2X vac and am not planning on going to that Covid Cesspool of a country anytime soon. Even as much as I miss the desert and the LV strip

Last edited:
Tiny tiny little thread derail... what the hell is with EIA baggage. On a night arrival they put you at a gate in the middle of nowhere and make you walk the entire empty airport to get to the exit. And even after the long walk we have been waiting now for 50 minutes since the planes arrival at the gate. 1 hour since landing... I was so close to just booking KLM through Calgary for cheaper... should have done it... lol

Tiny tiny little thread derail... what the hell is with EIA baggage. On a night arrival they put you at a gate in the middle of nowhere and make you walk the entire empty airport to get to the exit. And even after the long walk we have been waiting now for 50 minutes since the planes arrival at the gate. 1 hour since landing... I was so close to just booking KLM through Calgary for cheaper... should have done it... lol
Going through Calgary and then connecting to Edmonton or driving … takes a lot longer than a little hallway walk. Clearly Matt needs another vacay.

I actually didn’t go this time! So I 100% need a vacation. My last vacation was supposed to be 3 weeks in Argentina, uruguay, and Brazil, but we had to come home after 5 days in Buenos Aires (Covid shit hit the fan basically when we landed in Houston on the way down ...March 2020 lol) Was picking up my husband this time. I wouldn’t actually do the drive to Calgary (although it was cheaper...in my younger days it would have been worth the 300 bucks). My point is that when you have something like an airport that doesn’t necessary NEED to focus on customer service, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t. This isn’t a one off. Before covid we would fly to Europe yearly and it’s always the same walk and wait. I’m just curious if anyone know why it’s so horrible? And my bigger point is that if someone from red deer has the option of choosing which airport to use, their experience should be important to the airport. Tonight we had staff basically say that they didn’t know what happened, they are looking for their boss, and maybe it was because they had 5 arrivals... which is pathetic if that’s the case lol.

I actually didn’t go this time! So I 100% need a vacation. My last vacation was supposed to be 3 weeks in Argentina, uruguay, and Brazil, but we had to come home after 5 days in Buenos Aires (Covid shit hit the fan basically when we landed in Houston on the way down ...March 2020 lol) Was picking up my husband this time. I wouldn’t actually do the drive to Calgary (although it was cheaper...in my younger days it would have been worth the 300 bucks). My point is that when you have something like an airport that doesn’t necessary NEED to focus on customer service, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t. This isn’t a one off. Before covid we would fly to Europe yearly and it’s always the same walk and wait. I’m just curious if anyone know why it’s so horrible? And my bigger point is that if someone from red deer has the option of choosing which airport to use, their experience should be important to the airport. Tonight we had staff basically say that they didn’t know what happened, they are looking for their boss, and maybe it was because they had 5 arrivals... which is pathetic if that’s the case lol.
I don't recommend going to Brazil anytime in the near future (1 to 2 years). A whole stable of manure hit some giant fans down there and it will take a REALLY long time to clear out.
Consider this a friendly advice from someone whose family is waiting for me to get my PR to get them out of there.

My buddy just returned from Montreal on a morning flight and had the opposite experience - he actually commented that it was the 'perfect' flight from his departure down east to getting off the plane at EIA and his baggage was ready to pick up when he got to the carousel.

Back