ICE District Block IJ | ?m | ?s | ICE District Prop. | Next Architecture

Hence why the arena is no longer EVER selling out. Last I checked Rogers Place is on average 85% full with numbers decreasing.

Good luck getting people back OEG. It’s only going to get worse. There’s competition for entertainment in the city and I’d rather order in pizza and beer on a cold night and play board games with my friends and the game in the background. Costs 10% as much and is ten times as fun.

Nor is it any better in U.S. cities, especially in States where scalping is legal. If it is true that Oiler attendance at hockey games is going down and it reaches a critical state, then we can kiss the franchise goodbye.

Revenues are at an all-time high and Bettman shared more on that yesterday. It's going to be interesting to see how corporate support looks given economic pressures, but I do think individual pricing is getting out of hand.
Unfortunately ticket pricing will keep going up as long as fans pay. More and more of the average fan will be left out in the cold, while the wealthy fan will just keep paying the higher and higher price.

I have cousins coming over from Seattle for Christmas. There’s 3 of them and 3 of us I was looking at oilers games to take them to since they don’t watch much hockey and found out we play Seattle the day before they head back home. It would be perfect. It was perfect. Then I looked at the ticket prices. $350 per ticket before tax or any other extra fees. I would be spending $2100 on a single night excluding any drinks or food. Ridiculous. $350 a ticket is like first round of the playoffs type of price. You know $350 isn’t bad once a month if you buy a ticket and a friend or two gets one too but I always thought oilers games were advertised as a family activity to do but ill tell you the average family ain’t paying that shit.
In the resell market, I'm seeing $71USD each for six tickets together against the Kraken on Tickpick and $104CAD each on StubHub.

I have cousins coming over from Seattle for Christmas. There’s 3 of them and 3 of us I was looking at oilers games to take them to since they don’t watch much hockey and found out we play Seattle the day before they head back home. It would be perfect. It was perfect. Then I looked at the ticket prices. $350 per ticket before tax or any other extra fees. I would be spending $2100 on a single night excluding any drinks or food. Ridiculous. $350 a ticket is like first round of the playoffs type of price. You know $350 isn’t bad once a month if you buy a ticket and a friend or two gets one too but I always thought oilers games were advertised as a family activity to do but ill tell you the average family ain’t paying that shit.
The most expensive tickets for 6 together on Ticketmaster are $340 for that game. Can get some for $110 cheapest. Pair of seats together is only $80. Not too sure where you are looking

The hell with that priciing. Have you looked at the OIl Kings instead? They play Red Deer on the 30th and Lethbridge on the 1st with fireworks afterwards. Went to a WHL game in Victoria once and was really entertained. Take in the game, watch the fireworks and spend what you will on food and drink. As you say, they don't watch much hockey anyhow.Even if they did, WHL hockey is a good time.

Who knows -- the damned thing isn't even finished yet -- it might be the deal of the century when all is said and done. You negative jump-siders are so impatient!
Better look like the maze from the movie ,The Shining ,for that price.😁

Reactions: God
The most expensive tickets for 6 together on Ticketmaster are $340 for that game. Can get some for $110 cheapest. Pair of seats together is only $80. Not too sure where you are looking
For a group of 6 it’s $270 + each for lower bowl and $110 + for upper bowl.

DP for Snow Way Out event:

Major Development Permit
In Progress
To operate a temporary Special Events Use from December 19, 2022 to January 29, 2023 on the existing paved space on a portion of the Site, adding temporary structures: Snow Maze (22.8 m x 22.8 m), two snow slides (18.2 m x 4.5 m), a temporary ice rink with netting and protection (15.2 m x 30.4 m), Picnic Tables and Fireplaces (22.8 m x 13.7 m), food and beverage (6.0 m x 3.0 m), box office, ice sculptures, temporary washrooms; including back of house area including production trailer (12.1 m long) and generators (Reference: Development Permit number 438169429-002). (Oilers Entertainment Group Fan Park - event Snow Way Out)
10104 - 104 AVENUE NW

Back