What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
I really wonder what will happen when the LRT stop in the quarters opens up. I really hope that when that happens there will be more "eyes on the street" and the interest in the area will increase with commuters now passing that way on a daily basis. Also when 96st next to the hotel is no longer a dead end that hopefully will help and when 97st is also open again life can somewhat return to the area.
Problem is, people need a reason to get on/off the LRT station there. If the station doesn't end up being highly utilized, the opposite effect happens and you wind up with what's been happening at Central Station, with social disorder running rampant to the point where most folks won't feel comfortable nor safe being there.

It'll be interesting once TransEd fully completes that segment and moves out of their office yard on the SW corner of Jasper and 95th. Going to be a lot of empty lots sitting along that stretch.

Potential is there but the area badly needs a champion. Unfortunately, I worry the precedent set by the gambles taken already by the Quarters Hotel and HAT will fully scare off anyone else from trying. Sure can't blame anyone for that sentiment, either. I'd be shocked if there's any positive ROI between the two so far.

Quarters.png

Awfully close to April 1.
Not to worry - April fools is 10 days later. Here is what is on the 20th March 2022:
  • 79th day of the year. There are then 286 days left in 2022.
  • 12th Sunday of 2022.
  • on the 13th week of 2022 (using US standard week number calculation).
  • 1st day of Spring.
  • International Day of Happiness

@EdmTrekker has it right! But specially (and only) for Ian -- I want you, Ian, to mark April 1st on your calendar because I do have a signature event just for you. It's the post-equinox-apocalyptic-diametric-sangrinostic-what's-it-all-about-Alfie-you-can't-always-get-what-you-want festival-for-one (we'll provide the date and all the beer you can drink). Mark it on your calendar, Ian, and engrave it in the hood of your car -- you won't want to miss this!

Shouldn't it be the other way around... aren't you responsible for dishing out hope. As God, you might consider banishing the COVID scourge and then we all could have hope.
Why not give us more than just a date? We’ve heard dates multiple times. Nothing happens.

Why not give us more than just a date? We’ve heard dates multiple times. Nothing happens.
God, there you go again, expecting mere mortals to perform miracles and offering feint hope while you snooze. You really need to step up and show some results and quit hiding behind the pearly gates.

Back