What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
This is a perfect example of something 'eyes on the street' woudl help prevent. There are few people walking along that stretch of 96 Street other than those that live outside and/or cause the vandalism. There needs to be a reason to have people visit throughout the day or else things won't get better.

I agree. That said, the high level bridge gets vandalized with graffiti almost everyday and it's a pretty busy walkway with various modes of active transportation walking/biking along it. The bridge will always be a prime target though while eventually this will not. But right now it is just empty CRUs and a lot of glass. Maybe once the LRT gets going that will help.
Isn't there a proposal for a LGBTQ+ seniors accommodation just down the block on 96 Street from this hotel? That would help greatly.

The current owners took a gamble that the "Quarters" was going to grow like crazy mad (and the Hat guys felt the same). Well that didn't happen -- nothing to do with experience one way or the other. The City took the lead on this -- check out 96th street and the adjacent Kinistinâw Park -- and it faltered. "Build and they will come" was the sense of the day. To be fair I think the Quarters was moving in that direction in 2019 but then COVID put us all in our living rooms.

What shocked me was how zealous he thought the area will become. If we flash back to the Oilsands boom, even very desirable areas were not sought after for a hotel or other developments let alone this area despite it having very good feng shui. This area will not be that lively for at least, minimum, 30 years- not when ample land are available in the core in prime spots like 80% of the block IanO is in or slightly east where the Commonwealth land is.

Moving next year is fine, but that does not mean the area will be truly activated next year. This area needs 4 to 5 more towers for an optical change before we could even say the area is changing for the good. How long will it take to have another 5 towers erected in this area, especially - as I previously stated- how available more desired areas still exist?

On the "reasonably good authority", I kind of like that sound for I so badly want this area developed.

Well it is quiet in the area for the most part but I do like some of the progress in the area. For one, I do like the new playground at the community center.

Back