Peak Tower | 99.06m | 23s | Lighthouse HM | Davignon Martin

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
@westcoastjos not just bureaucarcy... also inexperience on the part of the 'green' developer and the need to tag a major hotel in the works. I think the re-purposing effort is valiant and I hope it succeeds (bringing more life to the street at an important intersection). Obviously it would be out of the question to rebuild the property in its entirety, so I think that the design of an existing building to give it a new and alternative life is about as well served here as might be imagined. That is why I gave it the ultimate of ratings.

In most jurisdictions (in fact all of them that I have been engaged with) it is customary to proceed with work up to an inspection point (not past it). I have also read that this is true for Edmonton -- it certainly used to be true when I had a business there. Again, the naivety of this particular developer suggests that he won't move on any of it until he has a job card in hand.

IMG_5298.jpg

1579645226863.png

Not sure if this look was posted before or not...

Last edited:
PERMIT_DATE January 29, 2020
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 10201 - JASPER AVENUE NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD DOWNTOWN
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct DEMOLITION WORK AND INTERIOR FRAMING FOR THE TOWER PORTION ONLY (LEVELS 3 - 21) of an addition, exterior and interior alterations project to convert a Professional, Financial, Office Support Services building to a mixed-Use Hotel, Apartment & Commercial building (Hyatt House and Hyatt Place).
BUILDING_TYPE Hotels (530)
WORK_TYPE (03) Interior Alterations
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 15,000

Back