Horne and Pitfield Building Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Limak Investments

That seems like an aggressive move in date considering their new buildings is currently just footings… and wasnt the new building supposed to be 4 or 5 floors?

That seems like an aggressive move in date considering their new buildings is currently just footings… and wasnt the new building supposed to be 4 or 5 floors?
Its a storage building with minimal interior, no tenant fit outs, probably concrete floors, and sheet metal doors, its not that complicated of a build...

Depends on what they mean by Winter 2023... If they mean the one that starts this year, then they have 8 months, not 2 =P
I suspect you are right. I am not sure the reason for the ambiguous wording, perhaps they want to try avoid a barrage of angry calls and emails from their customers when they realize self storage will become store it yourself elsewhere or 8 months or so. If so, I'm not sure that will work.

Oh god sorry, I didn’t even see the second sentence.. I thought the April date was closing and move in…oops. Decemberish makes more sense because there hasn’t been a whole lot of action lately.

Depends on what they mean by Winter 2023... If they mean the one that starts this year, then they have 8 months, not 2 =P
Oh god sorry, I didn’t even see the second sentence.. I thought the April date was closing and move in…oops. Decemberish makes more sense because there hasn’t been a whole lot of action lately.
Yeah I'd say December 2023 - February 2024 move-in for 'Winter 2023'.

The folks at Affordable Storage don't know who bought the building, only that it was bought by a group.

I'd love to see an ALT there with rental above.

1679368850325.png

R.I.P 😭

There's a great location for this already empty lot at 101 St and 102 Ave (the old BMO building), demo already mostly done, so no need to tear down another building.
Time and time again, you seem to forget that, as much as we would all love to see things happen this way, that is not how it works. It is not SimCity, where someone has absolute control over every single plot of land in the city.

Regency owns this lot you mentioned and I highly doubt that the developer of this tower is willing to purchase that, and sit on the property they already own.

We all hate seeing buildings come down, or be substantially altered, but the reality of the facts is a bit distant from that, especially in a market that is not as hot, like Edmonton

Time and time again, you seem to forget that, as much as we would all love to see things happen this way, that is not how it works. It is not SimCity, where someone has absolute control over every single plot of land in the city.

Regency owns this lot you mentioned and I highly doubt that the developer of this tower is willing to purchase that, and sit on the property they already own.

We all hate seeing buildings come down, or be substantially altered, but the reality of the facts is a bit distant from that, especially in a market that is not as hot, like Edmonton
Oh, I don't forget. I realize how it works. Time and time again we tear things down with great hype leaving empty lots for a long period of time.

If what I say seems repetitive, it is partly because we haven't learned yet.

to be fair, there is someone who effectively has control over every single plot of land in the city even if they don’t own it all and that’s the city of edmonton.

the current state of regency’s lot post demolition of the bank of montreal building is a result of the city approving its demolition. just as they approved the demolition of the tegler block to build it. just as their decisions will ultimately result in the demolition of the horne and pitfield building.

Back