Horne and Pitfield Building Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Limak Investments

Rezoning going to public hearing on April 20.
Oooooo wow coming back with a proposal that saves two facades instead of one facade for one of the last remaining, impressive and historically-significant warehouse structures in downtown. We just arent worthy of your contributions, Limak.

And Limak isn't even a reputable developer, so even if the rezoning is approved there isn't a great chance they will even build what is proposed...
Their website alone is a complete joke. The front page has some blurry rendering pictures of the Ice District and the words "Real Estate Development" as if to imply they have something to do with the Ice District.

^I have similar concerns. Also the current building is in great shape, it would have been better to have a more creative proposal that keeps the building and integrates it in to a slim tower located on the parking lot.

Changes to the application, 1) West and south façade saved, will be designated historic before construction, 2) 103 Avenue sidewalk widened significantly. Transportation has agreed to reduce the street there by a lane.

How about an even better change - keep the historic building and put a new tower on one of the several empty or under utilized lots nearby.

It is even worse this is being put forth by a developer with not much of a track record. I have doubts what is proposed will proceed, so do not tear down what is there.

We really don't need another empty lot downtown and it would really detract from what is becoming a nicer area.

Also, When a project goes under the lot sometimes never goes for sale and sits for Several Years
Examples:
Arlington Apartments
The Mezzo (Recently cancelled)
The Artisan (Knox Church)
The Edmontonian
The Mackenzie tower
The Emerald

Potentially Dead Projects:
Edmonton Motors Phase I
J123
The Village 121
Brewery District North