Horne and Pitfield Building Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Limak Investments

Is this One Properties? Funny how no rules seem to apply to then. Hopefully city tells them to piss off if they don’t incorporate existing facade.

was this building expanded at some point? I’m guessing the original portion is the south part on 103ave. They must have moved the door. At first I was think the north half is original... but that doesn’t make sense either. In the original there are 4 windows to the north of the entrance door, while currently there are 5 windows to the north of the door.
EF4547E8-4313-4CCC-BF4D-F5149C181C83.jpeg10367ACB-0CAB-4FCF-B00D-AC4B4C81EB03.png

Not One, Limak or the guy/folks behind the MacKenzie Tower on the Blue Plate site.

Is this One Properties? Funny how no rules seem to apply to then. Hopefully city tells them to piss off if they don’t incorporate existing facade.

was this building expanded at some point? I’m guessing the original portion is the south part on 103ave. They must have moved the door. At first I was think the north half is original... but that doesn’t make sense either. In the original there are 4 windows to the north of the entrance door, while currently there are 5 windows to the north of the door.
View attachment 299844View attachment 299845
The southend is the original section of the building. A two storey addition, bringing the total number of bays from five to ten, was added north of that in 1923. Two floors were then added on top of the addition in 1947. The door was moved around the same time (hence the cool Decoish sans serif HORNE & PITFORD) to be at the centre of the building. If you look carefully you'll be able to make out the colour difference in the brick between original, addition, and addition's addition sections of the building.

As it stood in 1932:
nd-3-6148.jpg

Back