Horne and Pitfield Building Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Limak Investments

directly across from the Clancey proposal? are there any sort of renders or anything?
I'd love to see the original building kept intact, like the metals building at 104th street and 102nd ave; we don't have a lot of these warehouses left, and given that this one can handle being a storage facility i assume it's structurally sound and decently fire-safe. IDK. it'd be interesting to see the scale of the proposal and how pie-in-the-sky the timelines are.

Correct, on the east side of 104 Street across from Wexford's site.

My point is, just be gratefully for the continuing momentum- any at this stage- as it is unpredictably right now. Even our recent boom barely dented the unfortunately empty lots that are still looming all over downtown.
At least we have shifted to stronger policy that supports centralized development in Edmonton. That provides us with one lever of predictability for downtown lots to be filled over the long term, even though the current economic and social environment is somewhat dire. Unfortunately, the recent boom barely dented empty lots in downtown Edmonton because poor policy decisions had been or were made that drove development outward. Hindsight is 20/20.

I remain bearish on this development though given Limak - anyone know where they have had success in other major developments?

I'm curious if the entire building can be kept with the tower to be situated on the north parcel where they do a podium mirroring self storage (although it might have to be narrower) and lovely bridging akin to the boardwalk . It would be ashame to devalued the building.

At least we have shifted to stronger policy that supports centralized development in Edmonton. That provides us with one lever of predictability for downtown lots to be filled over the long term, even though the current economic and social environment is somewhat dire. Unfortunately, the recent boom barely dented empty lots in downtown Edmonton because poor policy decisions had been or were made that drove development outward. Hindsight is 20/20.

I remain bearish on this development though given Limak - anyone know where they have had success in other major developments?
LIMAK is a notorious acquire and flip. He rarely develops, especially projects of this size and risk. It's not his gig.

A couple shots of the current building. The first one is from the mid-1990s and the last three are from a couple years ago (the notorious Greyhound building was still standing).
Horne & Pitfield_1995.jpgHorne and Pitfield_Old 1.JPGHorne and Pitfield_Old 2.JPGHorne and Pitfield_old 3.JPG

Back