• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
BP for the erection above:

2023-12-19
Commercial Final
To erect a TEMPORARY TOWER CRANE (Potain MDT389 L16X) to facilitate construction of a building (PERMIT VALID Dec 19, 2023 to June 21, 2024) HAT @ Old Strathcona PHASE 1 & 2.
10455 - 81 AVENUE NW

BP for the erection above:

2023-12-19
Commercial Final
To erect a TEMPORARY TOWER CRANE (Potain MDT389 L16X) to facilitate construction of a building (PERMIT VALID Dec 19, 2023 to June 21, 2024) HAT @ Old Strathcona PHASE 1 & 2.
10455 - 81 AVENUE NW
For both phases eh? So that would mean once the 2 “North” towers are completed - Phase 1, they will start the third tower (South) and it’s associated pit - Phase 2. I guess they’re planning on keeping it there for a few years

There is only one north tower -- that accompanied with a low-rise retail building (I believe that encompasses Phases 1 and 2). Phases 3 and 4 are the two south towers.

For both phases eh? So that would mean once the 2 “North” towers are completed - Phase 1, they will start the third tower (South) and it’s associated pit - Phase 2. I guess they’re planning on keeping it there for a few years
I understand the north lot (tower and podium) is Phase 1 and the south lot (two towers) is Phase 2. The crane BP is for both yes.

Crane day...
IMG_8610.jpg

IMG_8609.jpg

IMG_8608.jpg

Can't imagine they are working today. With windchill, it is currently -43.
It is not -43. It is -31. Wind chill is a fabricated number to scare people into dressing for the extreme conditions. A wind chill index would be more useful similar to a UV index we get in the summer.

Most sites at this stage would be closed today.

In my experience they shut down around -25/27C or colder if only outside work.

It is not -43. It is -31. Wind chill is a fabricated number to scare people into dressing for the extreme conditions. A wind chill index would be more useful similar to a UV index we get in the summer.
It was -43 WITH WINDCHILL. Regardless, I doubt anyone was working on site with -31 (-43 with windchill)

It was -43 WITH WINDCHILL. Regardless, I doubt anyone was working on site with -31 (-43 with windchill)
It is not a real measurement it is a fabricated number based on someone’s impression. What we really need to know is how quickly exposed flesh will freeze You know really helpful information that is why a wind chill index would be help

Have you ever worked outside and especially up in height?

Back