Hat @ Old Strathcona | 66.14m | 20s | Cidex Group

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I used to work outside as a surveyor. Knowing how quickly exposed flesh will freeze would have been helpful information not some fictitious number
Well they're saying 5 mins right now so I'd say it's not safe to be working outside, regardless of whatever rant your on about windchill.

I used to work outside as a surveyor. Knowing how quickly exposed flesh will freeze would have been helpful information not some fictitious number
Exactly, that is what is most relevant, not different temperature numbers that are just confusing.

Someone just told me it was -50 here several years ago. No, actually it was not. It hasn't been -40 or over in Edmonton since 1972.

Exactly, that is what is most relevant, not different temperature numbers that are just confusing.

Someone just told me it was -50 here several years ago. No, actually it was not. It hasn't been -40 or over in Edmonton since 1972.
It's been well into the -40s (maybe with WC) in the last decade and I think recall a -51 'coldest place in the world' or something.
Not true. This is why wind chill factors should not be used they just lead to confusion.

This is not just me making it up, actually the meteorologists at CTV Edmonton say no - it was 1972.

For some context, the coldest temperature in North America was -63 in Snag, Yukon in 1947, Russia has had -67.8 and Antarctica even colder.

I assume all of these are real actual temperature readings, not accounting for wind chill. In any event, we are far, far from that.

So you would agree that a calming -31 is a lot tolerable than -31 with wind? It is not the mercury that change but wind with the mercury will make it colder.
You stated fictitious numbers which they're are not hence why it always stated "fells like".
Now, if you work outside but working up high without coverages, that dynamic turns outrageously like perdition as the vortexes changes in elevations.

This is why, generally, they give people the options to work once it passes -28 (without windchill). At -31, they automatically shut it down.

So you would agree that a calming -31 is a lot tolerable than -31 with wind? It is not the mercury that change but wind with the mercury will make it colder.
You stated fictitious numbers which they're are not hence why it always stated "fells like".
Now, if you work outside but working up high without coverages, that dynamic turns outrageously like perdition as the vortexes changes in elevations.

This is why, generally, they give people the options to work once it passes -28 (without windchill). At -31, they automatically shut it down.
Posted my reply on For What It’s Worth.

There is only one north tower -- that accompanied with a low-rise retail building (I believe that encompasses Phases 1 and 2). Phases 3 and 4 are the two south towers.
IMG_1756.png

Does this snippet indicate that 2 towers are indeed what is under construction at the moment?

Regardless of what that page is saying, there's no construction taking place on the half of the site where the 2nd and 3rd towers are planned. Maybe the plans were changed but no one on the forum has scoped that out yet so I doubt it.

Back