Hat @ Old Strathcona | 66.14m | 20s | Cidex Group

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
They have gotten much further down the last 10 days or so. And based on the pallets of bags of cement on the south of the site, maybe footings coming very soon.
The bags are grout for those tieback anchors they are drilling through the shoring walls right now. They have a little tent built on the south edge to pump it down to the machine.
I imagine we're still a little ways out from seeing footings, though it could bottom out soon. Anyone know how many parkade levels they're building?

IMG_8550.jpg

IMG_8551.jpg

We talk about how other projects transform the look and feel of an area, but this one might have the biggest impact on its surroundings than any other.

Man those sub-grade soil conditions sure look like a dog's breakfast.
Please repost pic and comment on LRT page where people think tunnelling isnt an issue in Edmonton. Jk jk jk, but.. I mean if ya want to…..

IMG_5783.jpeg
IMG_5784.jpeg
IMG_5785.jpeg

Not much change from the last post, but couldn’t resist taking some pictures of such a big hole.

Would love to see continued development of higher density residential projects in Old Strathcona.

I know it’s some ways off, but hoping that the development of BRT in the area (routes B1 and B2) will serve as a catalyst for more development!

Does that base look like it’s centered in the middles of the pit going east/west? I’m thinking - no. They’re gonna need a 2nd crane

Ahem... the low rise is on the North side facing 81 Avenue. There is only one hi-rise in this phase so the crane is well placed for that build-out -- I don't see the need for another crane until Phase 2 begins at which time two additional cranes will be commissioned.

Back