Glenora Park | 81.99m | 22s | ONE Properties | Wallman Architects

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
There project threads on this site for projects at Jasper 123st (Streamliner) and 124st just north of Jasper CIDEX.

Ian - This is that allusion of a thought without any context thing. (It feels exclusionary after a period of time)

Do you mind clarifying which projects these words refer to? Thanks.
Jasper 123 is Streamliner's project just across from the CWB on Jasper Ave. Doesn't have an official name, as far as I know, but it is well know.
Jasper 124 I'm unfamiliar with.

Jasper 123 is Streamliner's project just across from the CWB on Jasper Ave. Doesn't have an official name, as far as I know, but it is well know.
Jasper 124 I'm unfamiliar with.
It's called J123 on these forums, not sure if thats an official name.

Jasper 124 is the Hat @124 (it's not on Jasper) which we know from the other hats around thats probably an official name 🤣

Both are high-rise buildings, as Ian said when you add those in the density will be great.

Although Ian, @Tropical is right, why didn't you just mention the names of these projects and not just the street name? We need things to be more specific so confusion like this doesn't occur :)

It's called J123 on these forums, not sure if thats an official name.

Jasper 124 is the Hat @124 (it's not on Jasper) which we know from the other hats around thats probably an official name 🤣

Both are high-rise buildings, as Ian said when you add those in the density will be great.

Although Ian, @Tropical is right, why didn't you just mention the names of these projects and not just the street name? We need things to be more specific so confusion like this doesn't occur :)
Thanks for clarifying! Much appreciated.

I agree @Edmontonian , @IanO is becoming a distraction on these threads occasionally...
First off, welcome to Skyrise Edmonton, I see that was your first post :)

I don't disagree with your statement, but I disagree with the sentiment of it in general. You're right on occasion like just now his post caused some confusion, but he provides a lot of valuable and detailed information that helps keep these forums going and that shouldn't be overlooked due an occasional vague comment.

Anyway as he just mentioned above he's going to try to be more precise, end of discussion :)

I agree @Edmontonian , @IanO is becoming a distraction on these threads occasionally...
1 - welcome to the forum. We're glad to have one more skyscraper nut among us =D

2 - I agree that it was little bit confusing in this post and it happens to all of us here, at times. Me and @IanO don't always eye-to-eye on matters, but he's one of our best contributors, nonetheless.

Sorry folks. I thought most would know the references to those proposals, but it reminded me that a little more effort on my part would help those that might be unfamiliar with those projects.

My bad.
No problem, I understood what you meant quickly but thats only because I know about the buildings and our downtown map pretty well, if you had been talking about transit or art around the city or something of that sort I would've been lost. You're one of the most knowledgable members on the forum so when you think something makes sense some of the newer members will often need a bit more of an explanation. Even members such as myself need clarification from time to time and I know you could do a great job in providing that.

Anyway back to the building, I see that this and CNIB have been designed by Wallman Architects. Is this their first dip into the City of Edmonton? I know they are a Toronto architecture firm but I'm wondering if they have done anything else of any scale in Edmonton.

This area is really going to become the Midtown of our city with all the new towers going in. In 5-10 years It should almost look like a second skyline. It's exciting to see Edmonton start allowing its more inner-city environments seep into some lower density areas. I just worry that some other areas more desperately in need of a rework will be ignored. Personally I would prefer the city to pursue a more mixed density approach in these areas so we can spread out development and demand more evenly (Also avoid the astronomically high housing costs of places like Toronto and Vancouver, caused by wealthy foreign buyers using them as investments.) Edmonton isn't at that stage yet and I don't think we'll ever get to the level of those other two cities but it's definitely something to be mindful of before we start filling our city with high rises left and right without creating other options such as rowhouses and mid and lowrise apartments. Not at all suggesting that we should stop building skyscrapers but rather that we should inter-mix other types of housing as well.

Back