Glenora Park | 81.99m | 22s | ONE Properties | Wallman Architects

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters

Mattyeg

Member Bio
Reaction score
Oh my...

CNIB might be the winner between these two busy (but similar) exteriors.

I guess for an old folks home is still is a gigantic step up from “our parents’ home”...

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
From page 1
6ume1ret2x-jpeg-jpg.114608

hyefmawxtr-jpeg-jpg.114609

Hugh Jazz

Member Bio
Reaction score
The original design in the renders of this and CNIB are just far too costly to execute - especially when you end up going with window wall (I don't even know if it's possible to do those kind of protrusions with a window wall system). The extra cost of cladding 2 more sides of the protrusions really adds up over the scale of these buildings.

This is Edmonton after all. High rise developments don't have the luxury of Toronto or Vancouver-sized margins.

Platinum107

Member Bio
Reaction score
The original design in the renders of this and CNIB are just far too costly to execute - especially when you end up going with window wall (I don't even know if it's possible to do those kind of protrusions with a window wall system). The extra cost of cladding 2 more sides of the protrusions really adds up over the scale of these buildings.

This is Edmonton after all. High rise developments don't have the luxury of Toronto or Vancouver-sized margins.
^And over time, if we keep building up our downtown at a fast pace, we may be able to see more high-quality designs popping up more often.