Falcon Towers | 170m | 44s | Langham Developments | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
PXL_20230913_011038956~2.jpg

Why is it 'mind boggling' height?
Just being sarcastic because I always want them to go higher, especially when the original rendering had them higher but they get dummied down. But no mistake here I’m still glad it’s going up and the height is still okay! 👍🏻

I'll reserve judgement until we see more, but honestly this project is, from an architectural standpoint, just meh.

Yes I'm happy another lot bites the dust, and downtown will see a nice injection of new residents residing in the core and supporting nearby business', but why is it so hard for some developers to up their architectural standards? I know not every high-rise being built is going to be a show stopper that wins awards across the board, but it would have been nice if this didn't look so cement/stucco like and more glass like. I'm afraid this will just blend into the skyline and not standout, which is a shame IMO.
I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that our downtown buildings are a little on the drab side as far as eye appeal goes? 🤷‍♂️😉

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that our downtown buildings are a little on the drab side as far as eye appeal goes? 🤷‍♂️😉
A lot of this city was developed between the 1950's and 1980's when plain, more functional styles seemed to be very popular.

We don't have much left of older historic more ornate or detailed buildings, very few have been recreated or copied since. I feel we need to more.

A lot of this city was developed between the 1950's and 1980's when plain, more functional styles seemed to be very popular.

We don't have much left of older historic more ornate or detailed buildings, very few have been recreated or copied since. I feel we need to more.
Even the newer stuff is a bit on the boring side, though I don’t expect it to look like Vancouver the way our climate is on the prairie but even Calgary seems to have more interesting eye appeal on their newer downtown high rises? Just my opinion. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back