Falcon Towers | 170m | 44s | Langham Developments | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
What they failed to mention was that "in the new year" means December 2023 on their project roadmap. Lol.

Excited to see how they excavate and build up the tower 2 parkade while they continue the vertical buildout of tower 1.
Hopefully not taking the city's lead on vague, flexible deadlines.

Yes, with about a 16-18 month lag.

Construction of Icon I began in January 2006 and was completed in 2009. Icon II broke ground in 2007, and was completed in 2010.

Fox

Construction began on Fox One in December 2012 and was completed in August 2015. The building is sold out and fully occupied.

Pre-sales of Fox Two began in early 2014 and construction started in August of the same year and was completed in August 2017

256B81E2-597B-42D3-B0C9-421D7E0A26AB.jpeg
BD083096-A463-4535-A885-902C045C9A34.jpeg

Talking with someone from Graham Last week. The Second tower is going ahead in the new year.
Is Tower 2 supposed to be condos or are they both going to be rental? I always forget the composition of this project. Pretty certain tower 1 is rentals?

Reactions: God
Tower 1 is a rental not sure about tower 2 (but probably would follow suit?)

I was struck by the Children's play area. What a cool amenity and something that can remove a barrier of condo/apartment living with kids.

1670617626108.png

^^If the towers turned out anything close to that one in Toronto I would be happy. I'm worried about the stucco though. I walk by this site almost daily on my lunch break and I hold my breathe that they will turn out nice.

My other concern is what businesses will want to operate in the podium. That immediate area is a bit of a dead zone despite proximity to Jasper Ave and being on 104th street. Ideally it will have some restaurants/bars/cafes that open till late and brings some life here but I'm not sure.

Stucco would be OK IF THEY FROST OUT THE BALCONY GLASS. See-through glass exposes more stucco and with the existing concrete forest in that generally area, it will be overwhelming brand new or not.

Reactions: God
^^If the towers turned out anything close to that one in Toronto I would be happy. I'm worried about the stucco though. I walk by this site almost daily on my lunch break and I hold my breathe that they will turn out nice.

My other concern is what businesses will want to operate in the podium. That immediate area is a bit of a dead zone despite proximity to Jasper Ave and being on 104th street. Ideally it will have some restaurants/bars/cafes that open till late and brings some life here but I'm not sure.
I too worry about the stucco. A big part (the main part) of why those towers will look better than falcon is the use of stucco on Falcon.

We have talked about stucco looking good if done well and used sparingly. I am starting to think that's just not possible on a tower and maybe reserved for a low/mid rise.

Back