Falcon Towers | 170m | 44s | Langham Developments | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Edmonton does just fine on the Culinary Arts scene and has some of the best chefs in all of Canada -- Shane Chartrand comes to mind. 'O Neg.'s comments in this regard are just "out to lunch" (staying with culinary-like metaphors). Recall that California Pizza Kitchen's (yummmm!) first franchise venture in Canada was Edmonton -- for a reason. 'O Neg.'s sour tastebuds tend to align with his full meal plan on all things Edmonton.
In 2017 Three of Edmonton's restaurants were in the top 10 for all of Canada (En Route)

Edmonton does just fine on the Culinary Arts scene and has some of the best chefs in all of Canada -- Shane Chartrand comes to mind. 'O Neg.'s comments in this regard are just "out to lunch" (staying with culinary-like metaphors). Recall that California Pizza Kitchen's (yummmm!) first franchise venture in Canada was Edmonton -- for a reason. 'O Neg.'s sour tastebuds tend to align with his full meal plan on all things Edmonton.
In 2017 Three of Edmonton's restaurants were in the top 10 for all of Canada (En Route)
Shane is an amazing chef and has recently taken over the Banff Centre.

Edmonton has a very average scene, but some gems for sure; I'd say that it still punches below its weight and is not often on the national radar.

Where Edmonton punches above is on its range of offerings from around the world including a sushi joint (Wasabi Lendrum) that I would put up against almost anywhere.

You have but to go to somewhere like Montreal to see a truly 'exciting foodie city'.

I find that in Calgary, there are a million restaurants that look amazing and are actually mediocre or even terrible. Porch is an unbelievably gorgeous restaurant where I had one of the worst meals I’ve ever eaten. Like. Genuinely the chicken I got was so revolting I sent it back and elected not to get anything instead because I lost my appetite.

Shelter and Orchard are beautiful cocktail bars, but their drinks are just fine. Nowhere near as good as Woodwork or Clementine (shout out to Proof though - amazing place.) People raved about Una and I found it extremely mediocre. Really the only places I’ve been in Calgary I’ve genuinely been impressed by are Proof, Posto Pizza, Bridgette and The Holy Grill.

To me it felt like a lot of the restaurants in Calgary began as business ventures from skilled investors or something where in Edmonton more of them feel like passion projects. The glitz, glam and instagrammability of Calgary’s restaurants combined with the city’s larger presence in the Canadian collective conscience I think has more to do with their increased presence on fancy restaurant lists.

To this day the best meals I’ve ever eaten in any city I’ve been to have been from the Corso 32 group of restaurants ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Where I find Calgary really excels is its brewery scene. 88 and Cabin are absolutely phenomenal.

'O Neg. your culinary tastes and your proficiency with a camera are on par one with the other.

Back