Falcon Towers | 170m | 44s | Langham Developments | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
^bingo.

There are many other spaces that were leased or owner-occupied over the last few years that highlighted additional challenges with the space/lease expectations.

Almost there... it's going to feel so different with that huge lot gone in a few more years.

Here's hoping the podium is better than it looks in the renderings and that they can secure a stellar restaurant as part of it.

A stellar restaurant will care a lot about the design and finishes of the street presence and organization of the podium and rental space.
How many restaurants and retail space do we need as that appears to be the homogenized response? A clean space with fluid connectivity is just as vital.

How many restaurants and retail space do we need as that appears to be the homogenized response? A clean space with fluid connectivity is just as vital

Restaurants & retail are the best uses for street activation, and 104 street south of Jasper Ave desperately needs more of this.

What would you suggest for these CRUs?

^^^^ Thank the Gods of Nature that those are not our societal measuring sticks -- Subway is food poisoning waiting to be expressed and Starbucks is Snob Appeal on steroids.

How about some localized expressions related to food and drink.

I have gone to Subway often, only got sick once - avoided that particular location ever since then. Unfortunately it is still around, but fortunately there is a better one that is equally conveniently located.

Gee, Edmonton sure could use more Shoppers Drug locations downtown (haha), or maybe a few more 7-11's to replace the ones downtown that closed.

Reactions: God
Restaurants & retail are the best uses for street activation, and 104 street south of Jasper Ave desperately needs more of this.

What would you suggest for these CRUs?
I completely understand that, but you forgot we are not a city of 30 million where any and every street level retail will be occupied. Our city is just over a million and roughly 1.5 million metro sprawled like weeds. People will not drive downtown to dine nor do we have sufficiently downtowners to establish our wishes. I'm not against it, but I am being realistic here though...

I'd personally want to see restaurants and bars go in to extend 104th, but that's a tough sell right now. I do want them to keep leasable space though. The area is decent, there is a intercity bus terminal and there are hotels and apartments around. Something will survive if they make the lease terms reasonable but i'm not naïve enough to think it'll be hip bars or trendy cafes. It'll probably be a pot shop, donair joint, pharmacy, ect but that's supply and demand unfortunately.

There is a great barber shop 100' south
There is also Weekly Salon in the Mercer Building just down the street. Though that is a lot pricier than your standard barber shop.

A nice bakery or meat market. Flower shop, music instrument store, computer store.

Any type of mom & pop store.

Living on 104th, I can really get behind a meat shop or bakery but anything at this point would be nice. Currently that block is just a deadzone separating the Ice District area from the 101 to Jasper Ave area

Back