Falcon Towers | 170m | 44s | Langham Developments | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
It was refused by the development authority and appealed at SDAB and lost because of the perceived negative impact due to its height, traffic and shadow... yup.

I reckon that it would still fit in quite well and with a slight update be welcomed.

Anyways, enough Langham history.

It was refused by the development authority and appealed at SDAB and lost because of the perceived negative impact due to its height, traffic and shadow... yup.

I reckon that it would still fit in quite well and with a slight update be welcomed.

Anyways, enough Langham history.

I get that, I was trying to be nice and NOT ADMONISH AN OUTDATED DESIGN FOR 2023.. It did its purpose in 2004 wonderfully.

Honestly, I’m liking what I see so far. I think once the wrap-around glass balconies go in it will look even better. Photo credits on these ones go to my husband 😜
IMG_5351.jpeg
71391972859__C881E997-7796-48C3-92AA-34F2C21563F0.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5351.jpeg
    IMG_5351.jpeg
    389.9 KB · Views: 40
I'm hoping that they can attract some decent retail tenants to help activate that portion of 104 Street.

I want to be optimistic because the potential‘s there, but…

Looking at their track record with the Fox Towers CRUs, I’m not holding my breath. Langham has, what, doubled the retail capacity of 104th St in the last 15 years? And it’s still mostly dead outside of events, with many empty CRUs. 104th St disappoints me because it could be so much more and should’ve been by now.

Lack of retail is a general problem in much of the downtown core these days, it is not just one building or one street.

I want to be optimistic because the potential‘s there, but…

Looking at their track record with the Fox Towers CRUs, I’m not holding my breath. Langham has, what, doubled the retail capacity of 104th St in the last 15 years? And it’s still mostly dead outside of events, with many empty CRUs. 104th St disappoints me because it could be so much more and should’ve been by now.
104 Street has decent amount of activity on weekdays and even Saturdays given the number of food and beverage establishments along this corridor. But I would agree it's missing other retail uses such as general retail stores, boutiques. That's been a struggle compared to Whyte or 124 Street.

Back