Emerald Tower | 153.61m | 45s | Regency Developments | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Seems peculiar that if they are bringing the "site" back to grade....that more steel would be necessary. Wouldn't they want to pull whatever I-beams are in the ground? Why haul out all of the "free dirt." One would figure it would be staying to bring said site "back to grade?"

As a few on this site can attest to, development is tough gam; with many complexities. Throw in a dirty site, lagging market and exponential interest rate hikes and all of a sudden your risk profile might change a wee bit, let along your proforma.
Yes, things happen, but at this point it is now several years. They are doing even worse than the city's delay on the new LRT line. If nothing else, that should embarrass them.

Seems peculiar that if they are bringing the "site" back to grade....that more steel would be necessary. Wouldn't they want to pull whatever I-beams are in the ground? Why haul out all of the "free dirt." One would figure it would be staying to bring said site "back to grade?"
If and that is a big if they were to starting drilling for the columns they would need a relatively flat site to manoeuvre the equipment around. So at some point in the future they would have to do this anyway.

Lots of dirt filling up the site.

I feel like Regency is fortunate, and I guess the community, that the construction project is going on next door to provide the dirt for them to fill up this hole. Would Regency even be doing this if it wasn't for that opportunity? Or would they have just left it as it has been the past few years?

20230202_165940.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of dirt filling up the site.

I feel like Regency is fortunate, and I guess the community, that the construction project is going on next door to provide the dirt for them to fill up this hole. Would Regency even be doing this if it wasn't for that opportunity? Or would they have just left it as it has been the past few years?

View attachment 453913
Probably not. I bet the neighbor developer proposed it as having this leveled graded and seeded is in their best interest.

I would be over the moon if I were the site super on this Leston project. Talk about a logistical nightmare if they didn't have access to this site for a laydown!

Back