CX | 57.91m | 21s | Beaverbrook | GEC

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Now if only Procura could fill this space sooner than later I'd be happy.
Agreed, but I’m still not sure how I feel about “the stables”. Seeing the rendering in person on that giant billboard, it didn’t actually look as bad as I remembered. But a parkade is still a bit of a let down for that location. Especially with new zero parking requirements, you would think some Residential commercial mix would work here since (I think) underground parking isn’t an option because of LRT?

I hope universities are fully in person this fall as that will really help rent up some of these new buildings. I believe cx especially had some Floorplans with multiple ensuites, which are common for roommate targeted rentals. Students also bring a lot more life to downtown!

It would be so impressive from the South view if the crown would have a cool LED light display. Hopefully...
2021-04-06 053.JPG

Hypothetically thinking, Procura decided the parkade due to the LRT tracks. Since they own the lot on Jasper, what if the city allowed them to go underground for parking underneath the back alley connecting all properties as one parkade-and even under that trail if needed. Naturally, the trail portion and backalley would have traditional cosmetics once the built form is complete. A bit of Katz's concept for 104 st without proprietary rights?

This is my nightmare Living situation... starting at 1000 dollars for a private bedroom/bathroom and shared living/kitchen.
pretty sure this is not what the city has in mind when requiring 3 and 4 bed units... This may appeal to university students, but the idea of this for that amount of money actually makes me feel stressed out just thinking about it lol

This is my nightmare Living situation... starting at 1000 dollars for a private bedroom/bathroom and shared living/kitchen.
pretty sure this is not what the city has in mind when requiring 3 and 4 bed units... This may appeal to university students, but the idea of this for that amount of money actually makes me feel stressed out just thinking about it lol
I think it could be used for University students, but I think the flats would work out best for families with 2-3 kids. It is so close to Grandin School and they are building a few more suites for families.

Is the price structure $1000/room in the flat? So, if you hypothetically had 3 friends that wanted to rent a flat one of the 4-bedroom flats with you, it would be $4000 total for the 1200-1300sqft unit?

I think it could be used for University students, but I think the flats would work out best for families with 2-3 kids. It is so close to Grandin School and they are building a few more suites for families.
Is the price structure $1000/room in the flat? So, if you hypothetically had 3 friends that wanted to rent a flat one of the 4-bedroom flats with you, it would be $4000 total for the 1200-1300sqft unit?
Flats start at $1000 per resident per month. Not sure how many families can come up with $4k/month.

Yeah, 1000 is a tough sell when you can do a 2bdrm for 1200-1600 all around this

Or a house in the university area for 3000-4000 that's way bigger and nicer. Especially when these floor plates look like the bathrooms aren't even attached to the rooms? They're like across the hall...so even less privacy.

I do like that they're trying new stuff though. We'll see if there's a market for it. The location is killer for uni.

I wonder if you can only sign up in groups of 4? Or if like 2 people could have a whole flat for 2k?

Back