CX | 57.91m | 21s | Beaverbrook | GEC

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
E5E0399D-90A7-49A7-BFD6-831CA460D45C.jpeg

No it does not. You just didn't trained your eyes to observe astutely enough. The left end unit is wider than the rest which I suspected will mirror the north elevation. As I stated above, it is exactly as in the render but moreover animated than the digital image. It couldn't have turned out better imo. The podium compliments neighbouring structures and is neutral to the tower which appears as if it is directly behind this podium. You want that as the tower is overpowering to the neighbors, and it would have looked odd in the district.

^ I disagree with that. I find the actual build to the render fairly close, for sure some differences but close in my opinion and not offensive at all.
What am I missing, I find nothing depressing and really like the street presence and imagine it will only get better once it's not a construction site. Just my opinion though.
Reposting @JC_Yeg' shot with render for comparison. I think it's typical that there's usually a little "render magic' going on, which I don't appreciate much.
View attachment 304006
I stand by my observation.
The white box is longer vertically in the actual photo, the box is wider horizontally in the rendering. It seems like a trick developers use to give buyers the illusion of having more space than there actually is. This is with the angle of both buildings within their photos taken into count. Furthermore, in the photo you posted above there is a white wall at the end of the building instead of a white room. The developer did a decent of job making it similar to the renderings, but most developers rarely get renderings to match final product.

With the way the balcony was designed, I wished they would have incorporated an indoor/outdoor concept usage. Summertime it has the ability to open up and complete enclosed come cold season. To me, this is a waste of space- especially this design.

Back