Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I think density and a mix of housing types are the only areas where Canadian suburbs are doing decently well, maybe with marginally better SUP networks too.

Other than that, suburbs are still auto-centric conglomerations of placeless environments. The first priority of all cities should be urban intensification, after which suburbs should be built heavily around public transit and cycling networks. Allow cars access is fine, but making them the main mode of transport creates soulless places.

Oh yeah this is the Connect Centre thread. I hope CWB builds a big mixed-use building here, I think it'd make the most sense given the area they're in.
I thought someone mentioned on here recently that CWB isn't going ahead with the building there due to numerous reasons...???

Oh yeah this is the Connect Centre thread. I hope CWB builds a big mixed-use building here, I think it'd make the most sense given the area they're in.
The rumor mill here indicates that CWB is extremely unlikely to proceed with this tower period, if not the foreseeable future.

Overall, if we're just day dreaming about what would be nice here, my number one wish would be a lululemon store somewhere in ID. Or hell, anywhere downtown. I know it'll never happen, esp. after they closed their Whyte store to seemingly consolidate into their new flagship WEM location, but I would spend so much money at any lulu location downtown it wouldn't even be funny.

I thought someone mentioned on here recently that CWB isn't going ahead with the building there due to numerous reasons...???
The rumor mill here indicates that CWB is extremely unlikely to proceed with this tower period, if not the foreseeable future.

Overall, if we're just day dreaming about what would be nice here, my number one wish would be a lululemon store somewhere in ID. Or hell, anywhere downtown. I know it'll never happen, esp. after they closed their Whyte store to seemingly consolidate into their new flagship WEM location, but I would spend so much money at any lulu location downtown it wouldn't even be funny.
My bad, I haven't looked a this thread in a long time so I'm not totally up to speed with what's happening. I hope a building a does get built eventually, would really complete the area (happy they chose to build the podium though).

Does that mean no CWB in the proposed bank space at ground level? I haven't heard any clear reckoning on that issue -- it would be nice to see it go back to hospitality uses. Hopefully the residential building is back in the "soon-to-be" slot (maybe with a better design than what was last proposed).

Does that mean no CWB in the proposed bank space at ground level? I haven't heard any clear reckoning on that issue -- it would be nice to see it go back to hospitality uses. Hopefully the residential building is back in the "soon-to-be" slot (maybe with a better design than what was last proposed).

No point given their plan for a new flagship in Manu (likely where HOLT was) kitty to TD.

Any chance of another hotel on bottom floors and residential units on top? Le Germain would be nice, but probably is a direct competitor with JW.

To be fair, ALT Hotel isn't in Vancouver either.
I'm positive Edmonton will get an ALT. Maybe not in ICE District due to competition with Marriott but close by. I'm thinking SE corner of 101 St/104 Ave or even Tower 101.
It would be really good to get rid of the eye sore that is the Tower 101 site. The city should focus on this.

IDK, maybe an effort was made here. Unfortunately the current owners seem like a dog in a manger - they can't seem to make it work, but they won't let go either.

Back