Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Ohhhh Ian. Then explain why Cactus has large glazing units between their patio and the Jasper. This was done looooooooong before Covid and it works just fine. Quit hyperbolizing this. 'Joe/Jane Public' won't even know the difference and the height of the 'clear' glazing dividers will have almost zero material impact on how the buildings/plaza feel. Stop.

Ohhhh Chris.

Of anyone on this forum, I would expect you to critique this decision.

See you at OJs in the Bend.

Ohhhh Chris.

Of anyone on this forum, I would expect you to critique this decision.

See you at OJs in the Bend.
We have discussed issues of wind vortexes in the past on a different communication board, so surely you would have given that some considering right? I don't have knowledge of any studies for this site nor am I an expert in this field, but the plaza seems to be a great candidate for some good old wind smacking if you ask me. Further to wind mitigation, I don't want to dine and have to deal with panhandlers as I have seen that. High glasses are fine for the glazing is transparent, so you won't miss any views of hotties if that was what you were worried about, and it would not diminish any aesthetics.

I disagree. The goal here is to add life to the plaza. For that there’s 3 senses that ideally need to be utilised for the added perception of life in the plaza. Those would be sight, sound and smell. You could still see the people sitting, you could hear the different conversations overlapping each other from the patio, you could hear laughs after jokes and you could smell the food. If one out of the 3 senses is used it’d add life to the area. These guys would be using 3. You keep giving examples of places without glass walls. You haven’t given an example of a place that has glass walls and because of them has killed vibrancy. I just don’t see the argument here. If they were wooden fences sure. But its fuckin glass. I could see them and they could see me, I could hear them and they could hear me. They’ve obviously done this for the reason that during big events especially playoff season when all the fans are drunk high and emotional, the customers should still feel comfortable as thousands of people are walking by them.

^ This 100%. Between the general safety concens of being passed by thousands of people, or the global pandemic we just went through/are going through, I'm in favour of that glass.

As a preference, I like the European openness with tables in the Plaza without a glass partition. They could have even done some low level planters to give some separation. Braven has that at least, but given how they are situated, it's not really a flow through for people walking by - its kind of protected. But I like it.

Screenshot_20221010-151820_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Reference ID: Job No 449636587-002
Description: To install (1) Projecting On-Premises Sign(s) (PROBUS BLOCK BG)
Plan 1722545 Blk 2 Lot 7
10324 - 103 STREET NW
Plan 1722545 Blk 2 Lot 10
Applicant: CITY IMAGE SIGNS
Create Date: 10/4/2022 11:59:33 AM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

^ This 100%. Between the general safety concens of being passed by thousands of people, or the global pandemic we just went through/are going through, I'm in favour of that glass.
Likewise. Like I said it will have basically 0 material impact on how people experience this space. I'll stand out there and canvass people once its operational asking their opinion of said 'glass partition'. Dollars to dimes most will be 'meh'. Annnnyways, glad to see that tie-in to 103 Avenue being finished up.

Back