Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Regarding that big open pit on 103 Ave and 103 St, the good news is that they are finally working on it as others noted above and a crew was on site there yesterday when I walked by. The bad news is they greatly expanded the footprint of this bad boy as there is now fencing further west of the original area. I think it is just for the heavy equipment they are using and I hope they haven’t dug up even more of the road. As others noted I would be extremely pi$$ed if I were Loblaws/OEG/ONE Properties if this gets dragged on much past mid Oct when the Loblaws store opens and the hockey season begins. Anyway a couple pictures from yesterday.
02F96395-792D-4B06-BA4F-79851384F18B.jpeg
1E5BDFAB-46F0-4FF5-8AD1-0588946A1DE2.jpeg
8DA292BB-9657-4A20-BC94-6CD521B758E3.jpeg

Anyone with more of an engineering-brain than myself know what exactly they're doing here? Plumbing? something else?

103ave between 103rd and 104th street has constantly been under construction for the last five years (or more, I only know for the time that I've lived DT), only real breaks in tearing up the street have been from winter conditions.

At risk of being labeled ageist… look how well this trendy clothing store targeting youth/young adults is doing on whyte ave. I still think Ice District would benefit from the clout of stores like this and it would help rebrand our downtown in the eyes of its future potential residents.

AF52A725-B06D-42C1-9B14-04F61ADA5BFF.png

Was the white/lit background border annoying? Could they not expand the viewable area to minimize that I wonder?

Nice to see the space being used though.

At least you are beginning to understand who you are... that's the first sign on the road to recovery.
Haha. Anymore thoughts on how “unnecessary a trendy clothing store would be?” Or how appealing to youth/YAs isn’t needed?

Seems like whyte is finding success with that, along with different projects at malls around the city.

Pretty tough to have a great future for our downtown when the 15-25 year olds think it’s boring and have 0 reason to visit. This is the perfect spot to start to change that.

Back