Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Looking forward to exploring it when I am back, for I always wondered why there was a combo Elks/Oilers store somewhere Downtown.

*miss the old Oilers store at the WEM rink.

Not to rain on any parade, but do these stores typically have a unique offering for team gear that cannot be purchased online? Is there a price advantage to the consumer?

I am just curious (as someone who wouldn't be a buyer either way) what motivates a consumer to go down to the Oilers store instead of buying the same gear at a game or online?

Most stadiums have team stores that are accessible for tourists/visitors and fans of all kinds that are not game day dependant.

But to answer your question, unsure.

20220809_201223.jpg

Excellent! I’m sure they wanted it ready before the new jerseys are ready For release. Maybe when that day comes it can draw some crowds to the store and the plaza

Not to rain on any parade, but do these stores typically have a unique offering for team gear that cannot be purchased online? Is there a price advantage to the consumer?

I am just curious (as someone who wouldn't be a buyer either way) what motivates a consumer to go down to the Oilers store instead of buying the same gear at a game or online?
Well probably for many of the same reasons not everyone buys things on line. First of all, not everyone likes buying everything on line. Second, there is an immediacy to purchasing in person, you don't have to wait for shipping which can be a hassle to coordinate particularly if you don't work at home or live in a single family home. Third, you can more easily see a variety of things in front of you, fourth it can be a more spontaneous thing and fifth it is easier to determine size/fit in person.

Reference ID:Job No 443502450-002
Description:To install (12) Fascia On-Premises Sign(s) (ICE DISTRICT)
Plan 1722545 Blk 2 Lot 7
10324 - 103 STREET NW
Plan 1722545 Blk 2 Lot 10
Applicant:FIVE STAR PERMITS
Create Date:8/9/2022 4:13:12 PM
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Went to the Oilers Store during the noon hour

20220812_122344.jpg

I had to use the Connect Centre entrance to get to the Oilers store, the other doors are locked.

20220812_122458.jpg

Once inside, the store has its own mall-like entrance

20220812_122525.jpg

Much bigger than the old Kingsway Mall location. It's just Oilers gear, didn't see any of the other Edmonton teams represented (Oil Kings, Elks, Riverhawks, Stingers, etc)

20220812_122721.jpg

Sneak peek at the rest of the Connect Centre

20220812_123016.jpg

Back