Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
it was always envisioned as a vertically phased piece of the project: (1) parkade and foundations (completed); (2) podium (underway although with one floor less than envisioned at the south end); residential tower (foundations and servicing completed with (1), infrastructure including cores and shafts being completed as part of (2). the tower's final configuration and massing has seen several iterations and is probably still being reviewed but it's awfully early to call this a "massive drop".
Trite enough @kcantor, trite enough! I am totally familiar with the long-planned phasing of the building. I was more specifically referring to the proposed early uses of the building with exaggerated lobby and exquisite dine-in movie theatres and roof-top public ornamental gardens and a tower design reflective of the sensibilities of Hariri Pontarini Architects. To me, the resultant effort now is a far cry from what was originally proposed!

Trite enough @kcantor, trite enough! I am totally familiar with the long-planned phasing of the building. I was more specifically referring to the proposed early uses of the building with exaggerated lobby and exquisite dine-in movie theatres and roof-top public ornamental gardens and a tower design reflective of the sensibilities of Hariri Pontarini Architects. To me, the resultant effort now is a far cry from what was originally proposed!
fair enough, fair enough...

i took your post as a comment on scale and not programming.

mea culpa.

^^^^
is it just me or are those not rather strange perspective horizons being presented in those renderings?

Given those renderings were produced from CAD it makes sense to me that it would be presented without distortions, even if the result doesn't realistically reflect how human eyes would see it.

Given those renderings were produced from CAD it makes sense to me that it would be presented without distortions, even if the result doesn't realistically reflect how human eyes would see it.
perhaps it is an accurate cad rendition that is playing tricks on my eyes by generating an isometric view with no perspective and our eye is expecting to see a rendered perspective...

perhaps it is an accurate cad rendition that is playing tricks on my eyes by generating an isometric view with no perspective and our eye is expecting to see a rendered perspective...
it's definitely an isometric view, nothing is receding towards vanishing points as they should in a perspective drawing. it's super jarring! I'm wondering what kind of document they were pulled from.

Definitely from a working Revit model. Axonometric views are useful for working models as the scale is the same regardless of how far you are from the viewpoint. It helps ensure that things aren't distorted due to optical distortion, which makes it easy to miss mistakes and inconsistencies. For example if for some reason a door was out of line with others or was a different size, in a perspective view it may be impossible to notice.

@cliffapotamus
Agreed! I think the tech person needs to have his or her eyes checked. The vanishing-point angles surely did not orchestrated itself well in that isometric view. It is in the wrong scale creating a distortion or warping affect.

CE943B88-6DB1-4679-8016-E37D3D39841D.jpeg
29B16958-D23D-42C2-85F5-0F29F5EE6EA0.jpeg
80DDCD60-DB36-4AF3-BF61-04F4E7B9BCF9.jpeg

Not sure what this means:

Reference ID: Job No 380003073-002
Description: Alteration of (an) existing building(s), Addition to Existing Building, Exterior Alteration
Plan 1722545 Blk 2 Lot 7
10305 - 104 AVENUE NW
Plan 1722545 Blk 2 Lot 8
Applicant: ELLISDON CONSTRUCTION SERVICES INC.
Create Date: 12/3/2020 10:57:02 AM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

Not sure what this means:

Reference ID: Job No 380003073-002
Description: Alteration of (an) existing building(s), Addition to Existing Building, Exterior Alteration
Plan 1722545 Blk 2 Lot 7
10305 - 104 AVENUE NW
Plan 1722545 Blk 2 Lot 8
Applicant: ELLISDON CONSTRUCTION SERVICES INC.
Create Date: 12/3/2020 10:57:02 AM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

Pedway connection from Stantec Tower to Block BG:
380053790 12-7-2020 10-57-33 AM.png

Last edited:

Back