Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
The way it is constructed so far indicated that it has potential redevelopment in the future for the southernmost half?

I'm refering to distances from now where downtown properties become scarce and this warranted that opportunity hence the steel erected...

At present, there is no chance absolutely.

There can’t be a tower on the south side, there is only a raft slab to support a tower on the north side. Also I’d bet the south side parkade support columns are thinner as they will not have to support the weight of a 40+ story tower to the previously mentioned raft slab as a foundation.

clicky

And if Wexford and what ever goes up on the storage site there will not be much room or desire for another project.

Last edited:
For some reason, I thought the entirety was poured at 3M...

Hypothetically thinking, it could still be engineered for a tower if they really wanted that in the future.

When looking at the Edmonton live cam, it appears that they have poured concrete for the elevator shaft up on the 3rd floor now. Does this mean they are going ahead with the tower portion? 😳
718462A1-BA16-4448-9CB0-5C9BC490ADD2.jpeg

Last edited:
A huge drop from what was originally envisioned.
it was always envisioned as a vertically phased piece of the project: (1) parkade and foundations (completed); (2) podium (underway although with one floor less than envisioned at the south end); residential tower (foundations and servicing completed with (1), infrastructure including cores and shafts being completed as part of (2). the tower's final configuration and massing has seen several iterations and is probably still being reviewed but it's awfully early to call this a "massive drop".

it was always envisioned as a vertically phased piece of the project: (1) parkade and foundations (completed); (2) podium (underway although with one floor less than envisioned at the south end); residential tower (foundations and servicing completed with (1), infrastructure including cores and shafts being completed as part of (2). the tower's final configuration and massing has seen several iterations and is probably still being reviewed but it's awfully early to call this a "massive drop".

Agreed, as far as large podiums go this one isn't bad, though not as nice as the original design. I just hope ONE is able to lease out the majority of spaces in short order after opening so that there aren't tons of empty CRUs facing the plaza...

Back