Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Jessica Kent said the Greyhound condo would tower be 40+ floors on her Stantec Tower piece today and Vinesh Pratap said it would be 47 floors on his.

@Hilman, if you count the floors on the latest renderings, you get to 44, including mechanical floors. The first four floors -- the podium floors -- do have exaggerated heights (so-called soft storeys). At any rate a far cry from the original plan that showcased 58 floors. Nonetheless, height is far less important than design -- the latest design has the concept looking very institutional -- too bad!

Pile driver in place at southern property line of Tower B -- I'm going to call it Mandel Manor in honor of the former Mayor's tireless efforts to bring this entire project to fruition.

Two shoring rigs on site

So much going on. I love it.

Adding to the bet of Stantec and Marriott - where do we think Tower B will end up by Christmas? Full excavation complete?

PERMIT_DATE August 22, 2016
PERMIT_NUMBER 162139487-037
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Excavation
ADDRESS 10324 - 103 STREET NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD DOWNTOWN
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct EXCAVATION ONLY to depth of 2.5m for an underground parkade PHASE 2 (ICE District)
BUILDING_TYPE Engineering (490)
WORK_TYPE (04) Foundation
ZONING AED, HA

Apparently, and in that case they will be beyond excavation by Christmas. Something doesn't fit here because the steel shoring pieces that are on site certainly suggest a deeper excavation; and I can't imagine Katz missing the opportunity for adjacent parking revenue. I guess we'll see.

Maybe this is just for half the site, the south half that will not have a tower on top. I cannot see how this would make sense for tower parking.

Back