Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
July 21 - No more Greyhound; 103 St. starting to get dug up

Podium is beautiful, but the tower is looking more like an office building rather than Condo/Rental. Really hoping it turns out better than the renders, not liking it much at all.

PS.. new renders and the chick bottom right is still showing off her rhubarb.. she better be making some bomb ass pie.

@Daveography LOL your reference helped, that's actually really funny. I guess that rhubarb in her hand is meant to tell us we should imagine people conversing as we view the render.

I just noticed on the latest podium renderings that @Daveography posted the seductive curve on the south facade of the tower is gone as is the "frame" on the east facade. I am liking this effort less and less. As someone opined it is looking more and more like an institutional office building instead of an imagination-grabbing iconic residential tower.

@archited I'm not at all surprised it got value-engineered. The original tower and podium was very ambitious, and economic uncertainty has not eased up any given the slower-than-expected recovery; meanwhile it seems like construction costs here in Edmonton have not softened commiserate to the current state of the economy.

That said, I still don't mind the podium design overall, and I like the use of wood more than the paneling in the earlier renders.

All true @Daveography… but, these buildings must have been planned when the economics were better. I love the podium design, too! I have long railed against Alberta relying on oil revenues for its sustenance -- it has such a rich tourism potential (all seasons). That is the focus of my Group's proposals for four separate projects -- three in Edmonton and one centred on Edmonton.

Back