Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
The reason I don't see a hotel going on that site is primarily the lack of street access -- even a rental car option for a hotel guest would be hard to achieve without street access. Secondarily, Katz has a management agreement with Marriott on a hotel that is already on the ICE campus and I would imagine that Marriott has an exclusive operational management agreement. Thirdly, CWB has already leased the ground floor and I would be surprised if they wanted to give up customer service space in such a prime location to share some of it with an hotel. I could, however see a hotel -- if there was interest -- going in a mixed use tower in Katz' property on 104th Street, connected to ICE by way of a +15 Pedway. A mixed use development with the planned CWB tower would more likely be an apartment use. A second hotel on 104th Street would be a real possibility considering the cachet that 104 is continuing to build and even at that the management option would likely go to one of Marriott's brands, perhaps a "W" or an "Aloft", considering the character of 104th Street.

The reason I don't see a hotel going on that site is primarily the lack of street access -- even a rental car option for a hotel guest would be hard to achieve without street access. Secondarily, Katz has a management agreement with Marriott on a hotel that is already on the ICE campus and I would imagine that Marriott has an exclusive operational management agreement. Thirdly, CWB has already leased the ground floor and I would be surprised if they wanted to give up customer service space in such a prime location to share some of it with an hotel. I could, however see a hotel -- if there was interest -- going in a mixed use tower in Katz' property on 104th Street, connected to ICE by way of a +15 Pedway. A mixed use development with the planned CWB tower would more likely be an apartment use. A second hotel on 104th Street would be a real possibility considering the cachet that 104 is continuing to build and even at that the management option would likely go to one of Marriott's brands, perhaps a "W" or an "Aloft", considering the character of 104th Street.
I don’t see us getting a W, but appreciate the sentiment.

A 3-3.5 star hotel would be nice. Please be ALT.
Why an ALT? I've never stayed in one....canadian brand....meh. Since Marriott owns almost every other hotel...what about one these brands instead?
Capture.PNG

ALT is missing and literally the best mid-range modern hotel out there in my opinion.

The one in WPG is nice and I regularly stay at the ALT East Village.

I has a cool factor (ish), is priced right and would connect a well used national network.

If we're staying with Marriott properties in Ice District then maybe we see Delta move to a new tower at some point if City Centre Mall ever undergoes development. I wonder if the Westin will ever get a reno.

Back