Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Some pictures from this weekend. JW was packed and everything on Saturday was full within a few blocks for dinner. Oilers store was very busy and the rink consistently had 10-20 people skating all weekend.
16CCF919-6794-4D78-8A35-AE2CAF94DC2E.jpeg
14F84A40-70D9-4002-9396-1ACDFE0CE6E8.jpeg

If you really think 'user fees' make up most of a banks revenue I suggest you read an annual report from any publicly traded bank.

You're right - user fees don't make up that much of their revenue which is maybe why given the huge profits banks make they should quit charging and/or increasing them.

User fees still allow the banks to spend more freely on real estate than other industries do, they know that they can raise fees if investments fail.

Reactions: God
I echo all of the comments above. Went to the game and sticked around after, and the place.was hopping all around, up until at least 1am, when I went home.
We need to have more of this happen in non-game days... It really felt like a whole different city!

Non-game days will include other events at Rogers Place such as concerts, comedy shows, rodeos and speakers such as Oprah Winfrey, not to mention the Juno Awards in March. But even then, we need more of these events happening since they tend to tail off after early April.

Chiseled, formerly known as Edmonton's International Ice Carving Competition / Ice on Whyte, will take place in the Ice District Plaza at the end of the month.

Its nice to see things coming to/coming back to downtown, not just hockey games and concerts, but more public events and activities.

The New Year's celebration in Ice District and Churchill Square was also nice. I think the almost completion completion of LRT construction will help, for several years part of the area was a no go zone due to the construction and a lot of festivals and events were moved.

Back