Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I watched the Calgary game at the Brewhouse a few days ago and it was not nearly as busy as I expected, maybe 25% full. I do wonder if they will change their mind about keeping the 104 Ave one open.

Ice District has turned out fantastic. Sure could nitpick but it’s pretty excellent and only getting better with more spaces filling up.

Hope the Icehouse/Banquet continue to get more business and their patios will surely be busy come springtime.

Still lots of good momentum happening in the area. Hopefully we can hear more about phase 2 as the first phase wraps up with cwb.

I'm on TEAM Ice District like nobody's business. But I heard from a friend deep within the "Brewhouse Mafia," that sales are terrible on non-game days so far...not a surprise. That they're waiting for the multiple patios to open. Didn't know they had 3 different kitchens with 3 different menus......my old restaurant days self just threw up imagining the logistics of such a venue......
I presume "game nights" includes other Roger's Place events too, yeah? For the Jo Koy show it was pretty busy.

Reactions: God
I was there on a non game night. A Tuesday I think and the 2nd floor was empty but the bottom one was almost full. The banquet was surprisingly busy for a weekday.

3A3C2205-90F9-43AB-88B7-55B7B2C15ADF.jpeg

Stayed for the fireworks and music after the game. Great crowd, fireworks were a little lame.

I really think the Icehouse needs to just survive the next few years for the Stationlands and (hopefully) Baccarat sites to finish as that injects some much needed density in very close proximity to them without a large abundance of other options nearby. Right now I think they are being hurt by not being the most convenient or closest option for people. For example I live in Icon II and quite often will spend a large part of Saturday or Sunday watching sports but Kelly's pub is in the podium of my building so I tend to go for that convenience. Same with Campio being a block away. In summer I will be more inclined to walk the few blocks I'm sure but right now I suspect that is what limits them. That said, from the handful of times I've gone to Banquet they seem to be much more consistent with their crowds since they offer a more unique experience than Icehouse does

I really think the Icehouse needs to just survive the next few years for the Stationlands and (hopefully) Baccarat sites to finish as that injects some much needed density in very close proximity to them without a large abundance of other options nearby. Right now I think they are being hurt by not being the most convenient or closest option for people. For example I live in Icon II and quite often will spend a large part of Saturday or Sunday watching sports but Kelly's pub is in the podium of my building so I tend to go for that convenience. Same with Campio being a block away. In summer I will be more inclined to walk the few blocks I'm sure but right now I suspect that is what limits them. That said, from the handful of times I've gone to Banquet they seem to be much more consistent with their crowds since they offer a more unique experience than Icehouse does
I went to Banquet for the Oilers v Flames game over the holidays and man, the service was so bad I had to actually talk to a manager which I hate doing I'm usually quite passive on mediocre service. I hope they get their shit together because I do want to see such a place, in such a location, succeed.

On top of shitty service, $18.95 for the smallest wings (100% less than a lb) with nothing special about the flavour?? I know I'm having a hard time accepting these inflationary prices but come on, try to make them taste good at least.

I went to Banquet for the Oilers v Flames game over the holidays and man, the service was so bad I had to actually talk to a manager which I hate doing I'm usually quite passive on mediocre service. I hope they get their shit together because I do want to see such a place, in such a location, succeed.

On top of shitty service, $18.95 for the smallest wings (100% less than a lb) with nothing special about the flavour?? I know I'm having a hard time accepting these inflationary prices but come on, try to make them taste good at least.
If they are young servers, get use to it as this is the trend. Our entitled youths today are not like the youths of my generation.

Yes she was young and I don't disagree with you, I have noticed much shittier service at multiple places. A mix of Gen Z entitlement and post covid lack of qualified / properly trained staff in my opinion. And it's not just front-end service, food quality has gone down at many places.

All the while tipping expectations have gone up 🤯 lol I'm not giving in to this bullshit.

Entitled youth? More likely a new server on a busy night, possibly short shifted too. Bad servers get skidded fast in (most) restaurants. My own family nearly fired me after I was a pretty subpar server. Lol.

I’ve heard the Same about Banquet’s service from a lot of people. I hope it’s just growing pains.

We had very poor service the first time we went, but it was early days... you would hope that is sorted by now.

-A line up to get in even though it was nearly empty when we arrived as you had to check-in
-Tons of staff and only 1 bartender for quite a while and so we waited ~10mins just to be acknowledged -> multiple staff seeing us, but not asking or being proactive
-I ordered a pitcher of beer, she then asked what my friend was having (extra points:):):)), but seriously...
-Ketchup for my fries, but none for him
-Food was acceptable, if not tasty (burgers of two varieties)
-A very slow bill (quite busy though)
-A line up when we left for reservations and another for walkups like a club... not efficient or friendly

I will give it another try or two though

Both wings and nachos are the biggest ripoffs in Canadian restaurants…….I know I’ll be disappointed so we don’t order them ever. Wait for a run to the States where you can still get basic nachos for $12 not like up here after all the add-ons you’re past $45……wtf?!!!

Back