thommyjo

Member Bio
Reaction score
Nice..
Screenshot_20220117-093517_Drive.jpg

crisp

Member Bio
Reaction score
There’s lots of residential towers of this architectural style I see in Burnaby and one in New West. Honestly as long as correct materials are used it can look pretty sharp.

The problem here is, you’re ideally trying to build a district with continuous architectural features on the South side of the arena. Glass or pass, man.

Oh I agree, the design can work.... in a location far, faaaaar away from the Ice District. After the product we have gotten so far, this would just destroy the entire ebb and flow of the whole area.

archited

Member Bio
Reaction score
^^^^ not necessarily -- the interiors of many of the units are not well laid out in the Stantec tower. Apparently Stantec designed the tower with a mind to "forget the layout, the view is to die for".

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
I recall most units being quite well laid out but very compact and with 'European-sized' spaces, fridge, furniture etc. They were far better than many of the units in Legends (even though I prefer those).

Stevey_G

Member Bio
Reaction score
I recall most units being quite well laid out but very compact and with 'European-sized' spaces, fridge, furniture etc. They were far better than many of the units in Legends (even though I prefer those).

Yeah but this being in a city where people value space. The layouts are are dealbreaker. You don’t pay close to a million dollars for claustrophobia unless you’re in a city that forces you to.

Reactions: God

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
That's my point. Generally speaking Edmontonians can afford and desire sqft. They were very efficient but certainly came off as 'small' for many I toured with.

CaptainBL

Member Bio
Reaction score
^^^^ not necessarily -- the interiors of many of the units are not well laid out in the Stantec tower. Apparently Stantec designed the tower with a mind to "forget the layout, the view is to die for".
Haha ok thats funny, "forget the layout, the view is to die for"*

*the view:

1642525767918.png

Nothing like forgetting about layout to spend more $/sqft. than makes sense for Edmonton for a north downtown view of the gravel parking lots and homeless shelters.

Photo credit: Sky Suites website

Stevey_G

Member Bio
Reaction score
*the view:

View attachment 375366

Nothing like forgetting about layout to spend more $/sqft. than makes sense for Edmonton for a north downtown view of the gravel parking lots and homeless shelters.

To be fair that is literally the worst view for a corner unit. The west facing views would be rather incredible.

David A

Member Bio
Reaction score
Haha ok thats funny, "forget the layout, the view is to die for"*

*the view:

View attachment 375366

... but it looks better from a distance. Out of sight, out of mind, right? Isn't this how most people who live in the suburban areas and commute downtown approach it?