Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I recall most units being quite well laid out but very compact and with 'European-sized' spaces, fridge, furniture etc. They were far better than many of the units in Legends (even though I prefer those).

I recall most units being quite well laid out but very compact and with 'European-sized' spaces, fridge, furniture etc. They were far better than many of the units in Legends (even though I prefer those).

Yeah but this being in a city where people value space. The layouts are are dealbreaker. You don’t pay close to a million dollars for claustrophobia unless you’re in a city that forces you to.

Reactions: God
That's my point. Generally speaking Edmontonians can afford and desire sqft. They were very efficient but certainly came off as 'small' for many I toured with.

^^^^ not necessarily -- the interiors of many of the units are not well laid out in the Stantec tower. Apparently Stantec designed the tower with a mind to "forget the layout, the view is to die for".
Haha ok thats funny, "forget the layout, the view is to die for"*

*the view:

1642525767918.png

Nothing like forgetting about layout to spend more $/sqft. than makes sense for Edmonton for a north downtown view of the gravel parking lots and homeless shelters.

Photo credit: Sky Suites website

*the view:

View attachment 375366

Nothing like forgetting about layout to spend more $/sqft. than makes sense for Edmonton for a north downtown view of the gravel parking lots and homeless shelters.

To be fair that is literally the worst view for a corner unit. The west facing views would be rather incredible.

*the view:

View attachment 375366

... but it looks better from a distance. Out of sight, out of mind, right? Isn't this how most people who live in the suburban areas and commute downtown approach it?

I'm sure not sure what the sell for sky would be compared to encore. Their larger units with the dining spaces are awesome for 600-800k. Way better than what 700k gets you in Sky.

And sky is definitely better than encore on amenities, but encore is still top 5 in the city, so you aren't sacrificing a lot.

*the view:

View attachment 375366

*Uses worst angle of the view from a north-facing window (which isn't even that bad)*

"Lol this tower succkssss!!!1! 🤣🤣"

*Uses worst angle of the view from a north-facing window (which isn't even that bad)*

"Lol this tower succkssss!!!1! 🤣🤣"
The slow to no sales in the building is a solid indication that any view regardless of direction is not enough to entice buyers. So go ahead and pick another view, hasnt changed the outcome to date.

Kind of weird…….article proclaims “end of 2022 for an opening.” Why is this story being run now?

I think because the opening of this has been pushed back a couple of times - and now it's end of 2022. Workers coming down with COVID has slowed this project down according to Tim Shipton.

This is similar to stories on LRT opening being pushed back again and again.

Kind of weird…….article proclaims “end of 2022 for an opening.” Why is this story being run now?
I realize this project has been going really slowly, but the construction seems to be getting close to completion. I am guessing it has 3 to 6 months more to go before it is done, so by summer.

I wonder if there is just some COVID caution in projecting the date further ahead. Maybe it has to do with food supply chain disruptions and uncertainly as to when that will improve.

Back