CNIB Redevelopment | 106m | 32s | ONE Properties | Wallman Architects

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
F534F94A-ECE6-4602-B03A-8FE4B440139C.jpeg
20DDCD81-7189-4C68-B0C5-7A1C1FDDCCC5.jpeg
3B6FDBA0-F9BE-4595-9532-6E0578918F0C.jpeg
84F86CD1-A6F0-4833-B763-B38C547D6FBE.jpeg

Yup, I'll give it some time, but you can get a good sense of it right now.

The glazing will be a nice illuminated box at night though.

^^^^ As are most unfinished, under-construction projects.

As an architect, shouldn't you be able to see that the long, consistent streetwall of glass won't exactly make for an interesting or inviting streetscape and pedestrian experience?

As an architect, shouldn't you be able to see that the long, consistent streetwall of glass won't exactly make for an interesting or inviting streetscape and pedestrian experience?
Always a sound approach to question someone's professional judgement. What could possibly go wrong here? The internet is a strange place.

It depends on street furniture and how the sidewalk is used -- all kinds of elements could change the perception: awnings, sidewalk dining seating and their enclosures, P & B, to name but a few out of a potential 25 or more. There seems to be a sufficient number of entry points along the facade to encourage smaller retailers to locate and take advantage of the sidewalk space. I reiterate -- too soon to tell.
Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 2.10.20 PM.png

The portion of Jasper, from 109 west, really needs new pavements. I don't ever recalled this portion repaved in anyway since I was 18 and currently past 52.

109 to 114 street was done recently, but yes 114 street to 124 street is in desperate need of a complete overhaul. Hopefully city council chooses to fund this portion in the next capital budget.

I appreciate the effort at streetwall.

I would still prefer we set a minimum podium height for high density areas. Something like 4-6 storeys is needed to create a streetwall.
I've been arguing this point since when on C2E. For this structure, the podium is too light, so hopefully they can add business like vine plants etc. to beef it up somewhat.

I do not often complain about buildings but this one seriously triggers my OCD in a bad way.
Its almost like the randomness has too much thought put into it, if that makes any sense

I do not often complain about buildings but this one seriously triggers my OCD in a bad way.
Its almost like the randomness has too much thought put into it, if that makes any sense
It looks like the number 25 is all the way down the east side.

Back